Home

CPU Eats up the clock

This is a discussion on CPU Eats up the clock within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
CPU Eats up the clock

It seems like the CPU is eating up the clock this year like the cookie monster on a late night binge. I don't remember them taking so long in previous versions, but this year they wait until 5 or so seconds on the play clock all the dang time! I know you also gotta kill time when in the lead late in the game to preserver the win. However, when you have 5 minute quarters and the CPU starts burning the clock with 3-3.5 minutes left it really pisses you off!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: CPU Eats up the clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit4lcowboy
It seems like the CPU is eating up the clock this year like the cookie monster on a late night binge. I don't remember them taking so long in previous versions, but this year they wait until 5 or so seconds on the play clock all the dang time! I know you also gotta kill time when in the lead late in the game to preserver the win. However, when you have 5 minute quarters and the CPU starts burning the clock with 3-3.5 minutes left it really pisses you off!
Have Some Patience
#11Virginia Tech- 6-1
Old 08-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I dunno, I was losing 38-0 at Ohio State in the 4th quarter and they were still throwing the ball against me. I guess sliders has an effect on it?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
That's why an accelerated clock is a really good idea for future editions. I don't burn off the clock until I get close to 3 minutes just because on 7 minute quarters, that's still just under half a quarter and people wouldn't start really milking the clock with 7 minutes left in a close game. There is still more urgency to score. Madden does a nice job with this.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

I love the accelerated clock feature in Madden, but it would really have very little effect on the NCAA series. Think about it, when using the accelerated clock you (or the computer) usually line up with 20 seconds left on the play clock, right? Or is it 15 seconds? I can't remember. Regardless, that's about what I get when I actually take my time to pick a play in NCAA.

The CPU does the same thing if you don't pick your defense immediately. They'll usually pick a play with around 19 seconds left on the play clock, walk to the line and line up with 13 seconds or so, then snap it with around 8-10 seconds remaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 30

It only annoys me when the clock is stopped. I could care less when it's ticking, but when it's stopped I want to break my controller, as it just wastes about 15 seconds. And yeah, 15 seconds isn't a lot by itself, but over and over and over it is.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCruelGamer
Have Some Patience

It is kinda hard to have some patience when you know you gotta score again if you wanna win the game. I don't know anybody who has patience with the computer wasting time when you gotta get the ball back to win.

Also I agree with you Soldier about them taking their time just sitting there when the game clock is stopped. That is just absurd.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #8
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
It is kinda hard to have some patience when you know you gotta score again if you wanna win the game. I don't know anybody who has patience with the computer wasting time when you gotta get the ball back to win.

Also I agree with you Soldier about them taking their time just sitting there when the game clock is stopped. That is just absurd.
Stopping them 3 and out and use your timeouts. The CPU jobs is not to let you comeback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »