Home

I like the game, but the atmopshere is a little lacking

This is a discussion on I like the game, but the atmopshere is a little lacking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7
I like the game, but the atmopshere is a little lacking

I do like the game but it seems like the atmopshere is a little lacking. I can barely hear any of the band music during the game. Why did they make this so muted?Adjusting the volume in the options does not really help much. It seems that the sound atmospehere was better in the current gen versions.

The game play is pretty good, but I cannot help how some of the animations are pretty bad. The phantom sack makes me laugh every time I see it. The guy is not even close to the QB but ends up knocking him to the ground. I don't remember seeing anything that bad in current gen.

The other dissapointing thing is the cut scenes. They pan around the stadium but I see some slowdown which really shouldn't happen in a next gen game.

I am by no means bashing the game, as I think it is pretty good and I would give it around an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. I don't think it is worth $60.00 and I only paid $40.00 for it as Circuit City honored Fry's sale price. I would say it was definitely worth $40.00.

They have a good base to build this into a much better game next year and hope they improve on the areas I mentioned. I was hoping for a little more out of this title, but overall I like it and plan on playing my Gators dynasty.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: I like the game, but the atmopshere is a little lacking

Yeah the sound sometimes does feel a little muted but it's awesome when you break a big run and the crowd gets louder as you approach the end zone. This game does have some glitches but it's an incredible first effort and will only get better with time.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I like the game, but the atmopshere is a little lacking

In current gen (XBox) the band and stadium sounds are low out of the box. I turned down the play by play volume and increased the stadium? sounds volume to full and that took care of the problem. Now, I can hear the fight songs and the crowd chants real good.
The atmosphere, by the way, in this series, in my opinion, is top-notch. From the fight songs to the mascots to the fan scenes, it is really immersive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »