Home

I just got enough money to buy a 360-should I?

This is a discussion on I just got enough money to buy a 360-should I? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #33
Rookie

TheWolverines17's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I just got enough money to buy a 360-should I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMan79
I know it's not the place to really start a whizzing match here - but the PS3 is going to cost that much because it's a BluRay DVD player as well. Search out how much those DVD players are going for and you'll understand why the PS3 is going to start off costing so much.

Once the BluRay and HD-DVD players become more prominent in the market, you'll see the price go down. Of course, Sony has to hope that the market dictates that BluRay will be the dominant technology or else the PS3 will have this generations version of the Betamax as its main component.
Yes I know it has the BluRay but ask yourself, how many gamers pay for there own gaming consoles/equipment? Most are younger who do not have jobs and If you were a parent and your kid wanted a 360 or a PS3 what would get him?(from a middle class family standpoint)
Old 08-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #34
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I do not regret it for a second. I do not play online either and a wireless controller to me is not a big deal so I have the core system. I can always upgrade if I want. So far, the memory card does just fine for me.
Good to hear that, approximately how many games can you save on the memory card? It scares me though about not being able to go back to the PS2 though as stated above, because I want to keep my PS2 because of the Final Fantasy series and Kingdom Hearts games. I've heard constantly about guys not being able to play the older generation consuls again because of the graphics, and that's one of the reasons I've waited so long to purchase a 360, because I want to enjoy my PS2 role-playing games.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 12

naw man games still in development,stick with current gen,and besides the 360 has been having technical difficulties,freezing,scrtaching disc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll give my .02

I've played both PS2 version and 360 version on a reg. tv and an HDTV.

I'll skip the big long breakdown of all details to say this:

Overall- I LOVE the graphics of the 360...just flat out amazing details on the uniforms/stadiums, and am very disappointed in the PS2 version not having 480p.

But, having even said that, there were two major aspects of the games that kept me coming back wanting to play the PS2 version and selling my 360 version to a friend; 1) gameplay feel (control of players, fun factor and just overall how it felt sitting on the couch playing each game), and 2) editablility /features (being able to edit players to look like they do in real life and the features the PS2 has that the 360 doesn't.

by far Feel of Gameplay for me drove my want to play on the PS2 . It just felt better to play and had the most authentic feel to it. I just got bored with the 360.... the replays were amazing, but the animations of running, and the player types (they all look like ripped steroid bodybuilders) killed all the "realism" for me more than I though it would.

Believe me, there are some very annoying aspects of the PS2 version (the pregame announcer crap that is the same EVERY game. What happened to the true-life entrances they had a few years ago by the teams?), but the pure feel of the playing of each game felt better (more control of the players, animations, fluidity, etc.)

I wih they could have the 360 graphics or at least 2k5 graphics for the PS2 version, with the feel that the PS2 has. But, maybe tht will happen in years to come.

so, IMO you should save your money for next year and the prices will be lower and EA HOPEFULLY will have better presentation in their games by then. This year, both versions are just completely vacant of any presentation factor (which is unacceptable since they have the ESPN contract).

Last edited by AgentQ16; 08-06-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
First off thanks too everyone for thier feedback, one of my boys is offering a 360 premium pack, DOA, MAdden 06, 2 wireless controllers for 325. and today i sat in a best buy for an hour playing NCAA and im pretty much sold, although i did see some mind boggling stuff (one pass hit a guy in the helmet?) it looked and felt good enough for me to take that deal. So thans to everyone that threw out thier oppinions
Dang, nice deal.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:46 AM   #38
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
First off thanks too everyone for thier feedback, one of my boys is offering a 360 premium pack, DOA, MAdden 06, 2 wireless controllers for 325.

for everything your getting at that price i would of did that deal in a heartbeat. hell the 360 premium is worth $399 alone.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
My advice would be to wait. The 360 price might drop before Christmas or, at the latest, next spring. Wait for NCAA 08, it'll be more refined. And you'll need more than $400 for a 360. Don't forget that games are $50-60, an extra controller runs $40-50 and you definitely want to get the extended warranty, which is think is $60.
microsoft already said they dont have any plans on dropping the price anytime soon.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #40
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzta21
microsoft already said they dont have any plans on dropping the price anytime soon.

I highly doubt there will be a price drop before next spring, at the earliest. But I won't read anything into what Microsoft says. Obviously, they have to come out and strongly deny rumors of a price drop. If they said there's going to be a price drop in November it would hurt their sales now. And there's no point in giving the competition any more information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »