Home

360 Version on a SD TV

This is a discussion on 360 Version on a SD TV within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
360 Version on a SD TV

I finally played the 360 version last night, but it was on something like a 20 inch SD TV (standard definition). It looked good I guess, but I can't help but think it would be like owning a Ferrari and driving it at 35 mph only. Is that about right? How much better is the game in HD?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #2
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 360 Version on a SD TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I finally played the 360 version last night, but it was on something like a 20 inch SD TV (standard definition). It looked good I guess, but I can't help but think it would be like owning a Ferrari and driving it at 35 mph only. Is that about right? How much better is the game in HD?
I haven't seen the 360 game on a SD but it looks fantastic on a HDTV. Take a look at the game picture thread, that's pretty much what it looks likes in HD.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

There is really no reason to own a 360 if you don't have HDTV. The system and games are made for HDTV.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow, it looks fine on SD, I mean not everyone can own a $1,000+ HD TV. I would buy one if I had the money but to you who say it is only worth it if you have a HD its not. I have never played on an HD TV and I am sure it will be much greater quality but it doesnt mean that there is no reason to get one.

(Gameplay over Graphics any day)
Old 08-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeFootballFanatic
Wow, it looks fine on SD, I mean not everyone can own a $1,000+ HD TV. I would buy one if I had the money but to you who say it is only worth it if you have a HD its not. I have never played on an HD TV and I am sure it will be much greater quality but it doesnt mean that there is no reason to get one.

(Gameplay over Graphics any day)
All that I am saying is that the 360 along with the PS3 are built for Hi-Def. That's the intended format they are meant to run on. I'm not saying you can't run it on a SD tv, just you are getting near the full power if you go HD.

Also HD Tv's are not over 1000 at least if you don't need a large one. I got a 27" Samsung HDTV for 599.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm also still using standard def, I'm only in college, I don't think I have the cash for a HD right now. However, I still love my xbox 360 and NCAA. Would I rather have an HDTV? oh yeah, but I'll take what I got until then. It is still better than current gen and I'm having a blast with it.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

The actual in-game graphics don't look that different when playing on a SD or HDTV. You really aren't missing out on that much by not owning a HDTV.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 30

You could just buy a $40 cable and hook the thing into a monitor

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »