Home

NCAA Football 07 Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 07 Review (Xbox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 07 Review (Xbox)

We have just posted our NCAA Football 07 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
""If a man can write a better book, preach a better sermon, or make a better mousetrap, than his neighbor, though he build his house in the woods, the world will make a beaten path to his door." – Ralph Waldo Emerson (attributed)

I’ve always been fascinated by this quote, catchphrase, theory, whatever you choose to call it. Most of you have probably heard it in the simpler more condensed version that simply says, "Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door." It’s a concept that has captured the attention of American industry for well over a century, yet, at its core, there are a thousand holes in the theory.

Now we could get into the debate that people have been having for years about whether or not people are willing to “beat” said path. We could argue about why people would be interested if they don’t mind mice running around. Or, perhaps at a simplistic level, what if people don’t have a mouse problem at all?"
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: NCAA Football 07 Review (Xbox)

I'll post this here too (I thought the review threads were connected):

Nice review Clay. I was wondering how you might score this title since I know you really like the 360 version as well.

One thing though... I don't think the Xbox version has the "Impact Stick". Pushing up on the right analog stick, as far as I know, simply causes the runner to cover up the ball. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "Impact Stick" is only on the 360...

Like I said, good job; you're reviews are always worth the read.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I too loved NCAA 2006 and like the upgrade in NCAA 2007. However, while the review mentions how every area got improved (or stayed the same), I do think a couple negative things should be noted:

You like jump the snap. I don't and actually hate it. I think on AA you can abuse it far too easily to run over CPU lineman. I don't use it at all now and the game is much better (even though I can't use the speed button which hurts an outside rush). Its far too arcade like that needs a middle ground (why only great/late jump? why no average jump?).

The kick meter is a change but I see it as a change for change sake. I kind of liked last year's better but the biggest problem here is the CPU doesn't miss kicks on either AA or Heisman. This is a problem worth noting.

Fumbles, particularly by the CPU, are too high. It would be nice to have a fumble slider. With covering up the ball, I don't think its a big deal for the human but the CPU definately coughs it up too much imo. A fumble slider would be nice.

Overall, the game is definately improved. The game on default AA is much tougher, the deep ball is toned down, short passing game improved, playbooks improved and the running game on AA is really improved. Human running backs are toned down a bit, lineman pull and you really have to read your blocks . I love running the ball this year (counter plays are great) and so many of the plays work better this year when I just ignored them in 2006. Once I got over the fact that I hated jump the snap and haven't used it, I'm really enjoying the game and agree with the 9/10 score.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

I didnt play ncaa06 and i hated 07 for the 360 but the ps2 version of Ncaa07 is fantastic!

I agree with this review 100%
Old 09-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

This review made me laugh a bit, not because of the content but this is what many said after NCAA 2004 (or 2003). That game was pretty good but then NCAA went south up until this year.

I just know that next year's game for the xbox will get f'd up somehow. "A feature too far..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

I havn't played NCAA since 2005....to me the game has gone nowhere. Inside running game is still terrible....tackling animations are the worst thing ever in a sports game....I mean that the tackling animations in EA football games destroy the gaming experience for me. Momentum and physics are completely disregarded in respect to tackles. No forward lean by running backs, D-lineman decleat running backs that are standing still.

Passing game is top notch....except for maybe a little to many perfect passes by QB's, especially on the run.

Special teams play is pretty good.

Until the block/tackling/running game animations are changed I am done with NCAA football.

Why hasn't a football game given us an indepth play creator?

I give it a D or a 4 out of 10 numerically. Not worth my time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »