Home

What team is a thorn in your side?

This is a discussion on What team is a thorn in your side? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What team is a thorn in your side?

Speaking of Northwestern, in recent years they've always have a porous defense in reality yet the game always gives them a B+ defense.... since 2002 on it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Northwestern...
Old 08-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #18
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred2
Speaking of Northwestern, in recent years they've always have a porous defense in reality yet the game always gives them a B+ defense.... since 2002 on it seems.
I have thought several teams had higher ratings than I would have expected, but the more I thought about it I think it is more a law of averages. For instance, Northwestern could have 4 or 5 mid to high 90s rated players on D, the rest be 70+ and 80+ to average out to a B+. I think the other thing is depth. The starting 11 could be B+, but I don't see too many games where 11 players make it for every single play of the game, which is why sometimes in the gaming world the sub in/out settings are so vital to many players. I have probably said more than you would expect from an observation you made, but well, it's the coffee.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #19
Rookie

that is a good point. just having a great impact player in there seems to make a big overall rating difference as well. I remember just subbing in the LOLB impact player Stewart Bradley for Nebraska and the defense went from A- to A+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbtiger
I have thought several teams had higher ratings than I would have expected, but the more I thought about it I think it is more a law of averages. For instance, Northwestern could have 4 or 5 mid to high 90s rated players on D, the rest be 70+ and 80+ to average out to a B+. I think the other thing is depth. The starting 11 could be B+, but I don't see too many games where 11 players make it for every single play of the game, which is why sometimes in the gaming world the sub in/out settings are so vital to many players. I have probably said more than you would expect from an observation you made, but well, it's the coffee.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #20
Rookie

MSUDawg68's Arena

west viginia just kills me... option ... deep pass... half back delay... all from the spread.... i dont' have the speed to keep up with them ... ever.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #21
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred2
that is a good point. just having a great impact player in there seems to make a big overall rating difference as well. I remember just subbing in the LOLB impact player Stewart Bradley for Nebraska and the defense went from A- to A+.
Interesting. That would support the above thought. So I guess the rating is based on the 11 players on off/def at the time. One way to test it is in the play now mode, go in the depth chart for either off or def and sub all 2nd stringers and see what the new rating is.

As far as thorns in my side, I haven't started a Dynasty yet (I hope to get one going tonight), but the teams that usually give me fits are LSU, Alabama, and of all things Mississippi State. In fact, my 3 top greatest game scores last year were these three games. Beat LSU in double OT (I didn't miss 5 FG like our kicker did ), I kicked a FG late to knock off MSU, and hit a 45 yd strike to knock off Bama in the last 30 seconds of a tied ballgame.

Truth be told though the real thorn is these dang sliders. I think I play with them more than actual games.

Last edited by pbtiger; 08-09-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #22
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

The only team that has beaten me more than once after 3 and a half years of my Notre Dame dynasty is Michigan. The series is 2-2 for me right now after they crushed me in my current year. Georgia Tech crushed me once, i beat them and then the following year we met in the NC game, I won in OT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »