Home

What team is a thorn in your side?

This is a discussion on What team is a thorn in your side? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What team is a thorn in your side?

I cannot beat the damn Hurricanes. Last night, I thought I was going to get over the hump. I'm up 17 to 12 with 30 seconds left. Its Miami's ball on the 15, 4th and like 8. I'm at home the crowd is going nuts. They playaction left, the QB immediately takes off. What do my linebacker and safety do...continue to follow the ****in wideouts and act like the QB is not running right at them. First down. At this point I have now gone nuclear. I pause the game and begin tackling furniture in the living room to show my team how it should be done. Now its 1st down and they score on the next play. I loose 19-17. God has forsaken me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Rookie

GP_Butz's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What team is a thorn in your side?

I feel your pain. I haven't got a specific thorn... yet (although I suspect it will be Ohio State) but similar things have happend to me. It is truely angering... and fun as well.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

With Ohio State, I've had to play USC in both of my bowl games, Rose Bowl in 1/2007 and Sugar Bowl in 1/2008 for the 'chip. I won both games, but they were beastly against me. Schweiger, Rivers, and Pinkard are a tough trio to beat.

The national championship was tied on a 20 yard TD pass literally as time expired, and the XP won it. Somehow, Rivers ended up covering a WR on a go route, and I was able to float it over his head. That game would have been lost if I hadn't knocked out Booty and Jarrett, though Sanchez and Pat Turner picked up a lot of slack. Discovering pass committ was nice as well.

Oh yeah, I get them in the regular season in year 3. Fun times.

Last edited by INeedShades; 08-08-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
Rookie

DarkOzzy1's Arena

Ohio State, can't seem to beat them, their QB gets WAY too many rushing yards.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Nebraska, so far. They throttled me in the regular season at Kyle, then, I get a rematch in the Big 12 Champ game, and come in looking for revenge, and they proceed to spank me up and down the field again!! Well, at least they won the title, so 2 of my 3 losses were to the eventual national champion.

Hopefully I can turn the tables on them this season in Lincoln, but they're manhandling everyone so far, so I'm not too terribly optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Virginia Tech thus far. They seem to never turn the ball over and they play a very effective ball control running game.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Golden Gophers...

ran for 401 & 374 yards on me in back to back seasons....
Old 08-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

I now have to add Okie State to my list. Both of my first two seasons, I was undefeated going into that game, and both years I left with one loss. In my second season, I was down 16-0 early (blocked XP), then down 23-6 at halftime (didn't get the 2 after a TD). Second half, I managed to claw my way back in, tying it up at 23 with a little over a minute left, but they proceeded to score quickly to go up 30-23 with about 45 seconds to go, then I fumbled after a 15 yard pass on my first play. Ended up 33-31 after I scored a meaningless TD and 2-pt conversion as time expired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »