Home

Season Long Fatigue & Morale

This is a discussion on Season Long Fatigue & Morale within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Season Long Fatigue & Morale

Remember the old Tecmo Super Bowl days? Players were often in poor, average, good (and excellent?) condition. It was a bit cheesy and arcade like but it was fun. It would be nice if NCAA added season long player conditions. You might have thought it was a great idea to give your impact HB the ball 40 times last game but when he shows up next week in poor condition (ex. -5 in all categories) cause he couldn't get out of bed the next day, maybe you will think of playing your subs a bit more. Give your player the appropriate number of carries and rest and maybe he sees a boost in condition.

If we also added morale like Madden has where star recruits get upset sitting the bench and sulk, it could also be a neat idea. Granted there are tons of things to do in dynasty mode already and maybe this could make it too complicated. One punishment already is to have a player transfer to another school and morale for 70 man rosters could be difficult. Still might be a nice idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Season Long Fatigue & Morale

I used Andre Brown hard in my NC State dynasty and by the latter portion of the season he was noticeably tired, and dragging. In that sense, I think progressive fatigue is definitely in the game. As a result of this, I even benched him for large portions of game, in the hopes of him resting a bit and being the for the bigger games, but ultimately it seemed he was just beat.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yearlong progressive fatigue would be a GREAT idea. It could add to the importance of home games ("sleep in your own bed, home cookin', no travel") and BYE weeks. It would make more sense to have injuries tied into fatigue than the totally random way they have it now ("I KNEW I should have sat my HB!").
Old 08-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I kinda felt the same during the end of my first season with Wisconsin. I didn't know if he was actually wearing down or it was just me trying to hard to get extra yards. He also fumbled more twoards the end.

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »