Home

Spring Game: Play or Sim?

This is a discussion on Spring Game: Play or Sim? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Spring Game: Play or Sim?

To those of you that have reached the spring game in your dynasty, did you find playing or simming to result in better progress among your players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Spring Game: Play or Sim?

My first Sping game I played and saw the progression and I really liked the results, but it froze after I left the progression screen, so I restarted and simmed it and I didn't like the results as much. I'm not sure how much of that was just random progression, but since then I have always played the game. I give the guys I am interested in a lot of PT and hopefully they make some plays.

No matter what, I really like the addition, it is a fun game to play, I wouldn't skip it even if it would help my progression, it is fun to me.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
MVP

I just realized that ratings gain and the spring game are two different tasks.. Is it possible they aren't related?

I assumed they were, as I wasn't sure what other purpose the spring game would have, and the progress screen pops right up afterwards.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I just realized that ratings gain and the spring game are two different tasks.. Is it possible they aren't related?

I assumed they were, as I wasn't sure what other purpose the spring game would have, and the progress screen pops right up afterwards.
That was my thinking, but I'm not 100%. When I played my spring game my first year I saw a big ratings boost to a backup QB I played a little while with. Then I simmed after the crash and he didn't get as big of a jump. I am actually playing one right now, I will see who performs the best and see if there is any correlation in there.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #5
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

I didn't see any real direct correlation between the Spring game performance and the progression. Doesn't mean it isn't there, but I didn't see anything big this time. It is still a nice mode to get a feel for some players, it helps me pick out at least 1 or 2 starters a year based on how they play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
I didn't see any real direct correlation between the Spring game performance and the progression. Doesn't mean it isn't there, but I didn't see anything big this time. It is still a nice mode to get a feel for some players, it helps me pick out at least 1 or 2 starters a year based on how they play.
Interesting. Thanks for checking.

I think scrimmage is a great mode, and it ties well into the dynasty mode, regardless of whether it affects player progression or not.

I guess if there is no clear indication of whether it affects progression or not, it's not that big a deal if one sims or plays.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

When I played my first spring game, I noticed that I had a few signees on my roster already. I should have gone back and checked, but do only the early signees show up on your spring roster? (the guys you get in-season)
Old 08-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #8
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
When I played my first spring game, I noticed that I had a few signees on my roster already. I should have gone back and checked, but do only the early signees show up on your spring roster? (the guys you get in-season)
Good question. A lot of players on offense the first half are made up players to fill out the roster. If you aren't deep all around you won't have enough to fill a full backup team, so they make up players or use CBs to be QB or something. It is weird how that is done. I can't recall ever seeing a FR in a spring game though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »