Home

What's your highest rated freshmen?

This is a discussion on What's your highest rated freshmen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #33
Rookie

wgrantham's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What's your highest rated freshmen?

i got the #1 overall prospect, a center. he was an 89 coming into the season and a 96 at the end of his sophomore year.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Who cares?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

The highest I have seen is an 84 OLB with 89 speed. That year I had the best recruiting year I have ever had. Playing with UNC and winning the championship. I signed 15 5* and 10 4*. My linebackers were loaded.

OLB - 5* Inseason 80 overall 86 speed
OLB - 5* Offseason 84 overall 89 speed
OLB - 4* Offseason 78 overall 89 speed

I redshirted the 2 86 speed guys and moved them to DE after the first season. Can't move them as freshmen because they take a attribute hit. Both players become 93 ovr DEs and after there sophmore year move up to 99 overall with 87 speed. The 2 OLB with 89 speed are great too. The 84 ovr guy is now a 99 with 91 speed. The 78 ovr guy is a 90 with 90 speed. Oh yea, my lowely 4* MLB was a 78 with 82 speed. He is now a 95 with 84 speed. My D is very fast.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #35
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhamm
The highest I have seen is an 84 OLB with 89 speed. That year I had the best recruiting year I have ever had. Playing with UNC and winning the championship. I signed 15 5* and 10 4*. My linebackers were loaded.

OLB - 5* Offseason 84 overall 89 speed
OLB - 4* Offseason 78 overall 89 speed

I redshirted the 2 86 speed guys and moved them to DE after the first season. Can't move them as freshmen because they take a attribute hit. Both players become 93 ovr DEs and after there sophmore year move up to 99 overall with 87 speed. The 2 OLB with 89 speed are great too. The 84 ovr guy is now a 99 with 91 speed. The 78 ovr guy is a 90 with 90 speed. Oh yea, my lowely 4* MLB was a 78 with 82 speed. He is now a 95 with 84 speed. My D is very fast.
That is just sick. Those speeds are unreal, I would like to have any one of those guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #36
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

LE - 86 and high 80 speed.

OLB - 82

This is for my Illinois team and thing is, they are in Ohio and Ohio State was second in the bidding for both of them. Just beat them out.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

They are fun. I don't consider moving OLB to DEs cheating. They don't get a ratings boost. Once you set there positions the first time all there ratings are fixed. Nothing goes up and nothing goes down.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #38
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
For in-season recruits, if you land the #1 ranked guy, I believe it is just referring to the ranking of the player in relation to the other guys who are available in-season. It does not take post-season recruiting into consideration.
Sometimes it does. Sometimes I get the #1 player at a position and when the recruiting time comes he's still the #1 player in his position. Other times, they drop to #2,3, or #4

It's random really.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #39
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX
Sometimes it does. Sometimes I get the #1 player at a position and when the recruiting time comes he's still the #1 player in his position. Other times, they drop to #2,3, or #4

It's random really.
Right, I was just saying that when you are recruiting in-season, the numbered rankings do not take off-season guys into consideration. Then when you get to the end of the season, everyone is lumped together, so his ranking may stay the same or it may change.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #40
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhamm
They are fun. I don't consider moving OLB to DEs cheating. They don't get a ratings boost. Once you set there positions the first time all there ratings are fixed. Nothing goes up and nothing goes down.
What is the deal with ratings drop and position changes? Can you explain it for me? I've never really messed around with it, but I definitely want to start looking into it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »