Home

Option passing?

This is a discussion on Option passing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2006, 04:55 PM   #9
Banned

Brankles's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Option passing?

It's definitely the "A" button on XBox360. You have to tap it once to bring up the icons. Make sure it's an option pass, as well. Sometimes in the option, the receivers still run a route, even though it's strictly a run play.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #10
Y** d*s*rv* *t b*g f*ll*!

jtbleek's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by halltheway
On PS2 you press the X button to bring up the icons, but you better move quick the defense will be on top of you quick.
I was wondering if anyone wa ever gonna ask this questions. Thanks, that's the only thing I didn't try obviously. I figured sprint was sprint.

PS What-up Brankles? Long time no see.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:30 PM   #11
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brankles
Make sure it's an option pass, as well. Sometimes in the option, the receivers still run a route, even though it's strictly a run play.
That must be the case. There are 2 plays in A&M's playbook, both from the shotgun formation, called PA QB Option. On each play there are clearly 4 receivers running pass routes. Yet you cannot call up pass icons on either play. There is another play in the playbook called Option Pass, and on that one you can call up the icons and throw to the receiver.
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, given the fact that I have had receivers running wide open on the plays where you cannot pass. You'd think THAT would be an option as well, in addition to the run play. But maybe the linemen are run blocking from the get-go, so it would be an ineligible man downfield sort of thing.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 03:00 AM   #12
Banned

Brankles's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
That must be the case. There are 2 plays in A&M's playbook, both from the shotgun formation, called PA QB Option. On each play there are clearly 4 receivers running pass routes. Yet you cannot call up pass icons on either play. There is another play in the playbook called Option Pass, and on that one you can call up the icons and throw to the receiver.
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, given the fact that I have had receivers running wide open on the plays where you cannot pass. You'd think THAT would be an option as well, in addition to the run play. But maybe the linemen are run blocking from the get-go, so it would be an ineligible man downfield sort of thing.
PA QB Option is a play where you hold the "A" button down and hand it off to the RB... or don't press "A" and let the QB run. I don't think it's a passing play, but I could be wrong.

And wasup Bleek, I haven't talked to you in a minute. Hit me up on AIM when you got a chance, we got some catching up to do.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:30 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

The Option Pass can not be passed by the QB, I believe.

Once you throw the ball to your HB, and hold A or w/e...I think the Icons pop up.

I figured that out the hard way when I went against my friend. Ouch at 10 yd loss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »