Home

PS2 Gameplay Problems

This is a discussion on PS2 Gameplay Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Talking PS2 Gameplay Problems

I am having some problems with passing defense and getting pressure on CPU QB's. I am playing on Heisman with a decent team on PS2.

I have played this title for going on 4 years now and for some reason cannot cover a dead man with my DB's or get any pressure on the QB. I don't want to simply jack the sliders waaayyy down but am looking for some hints or suggestions for how others play defense. I run the 4-3 as my base defense and switch to nickle anytime the yardage is over 10 for the first down or the Offense lines up in 3+ WR's.

Someone please give me some advice. I have a solid idea of how to play this game but am tired of giving up 450+ passing yards and having to score 50+ points to win every game.

For example, after you jump the snap, what are the swim moves?? I can beat my guy only to get picked right up by the FB or the miracle center puts his mitts on me and stops me cold. Even when my DT completely runs over the OL I still cannot get sacks.

Also, how the heck do you taunt or celebrate on a break away. What exact buttons do you push?? I have tried nearly everything and have juked numerous times in open field and fumbled at least 3 times trying to get this feature to work. The CPU does it to me at least twice a game. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Too bad today's superstars don't feel this way about the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: PS2 Gameplay Problems

Well on the PS2 the swim moves are L1 and R1. To celebrate on a breakaway I believe it's L2 and the right analog in all directions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »