Home

Son of a....What a way to lose!

This is a discussion on Son of a....What a way to lose! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5
Son of a....What a way to lose!

So it's the last week of the season before the conference championship week. My Miami Hurricanes are on a 26 game winning streak and are 11-0 so far. I went 14-0 last year and capped the season off with a National Championship win over Iowa, my 2nd national title in 9 seasons. (The first came in the '08 season, I'm currently in the '15 season)

Let me tell you, it's was a LONG journey to get a Championship for my team from '08 to finally win another in '14. I made it to the Championship the '11 season only to lose, if you could call it that. I call it "beat really badly" by the Hawkeyes. What would you call an embarrasing 52-10 loss?

Anyways, so in the '15 season, I'm at home...home, mind you, and I play the 9-2 Virginia Cavaliers. From the start it was ugly. My #5 ranked Defense...did absolutely nothing. It's as if the shutout last week against ****ing Mississippi State was good enough and that they could slack off. I lost a LOT of offensive starters to graduation and Jr's leaving for the draft after last season and you could tell...I had the 31st ranked offense in the nation. Last year I was in the top 10. What do you expect from losing your QB, HB, and ALL THREE starting WRs, and my TE? Now that I think about it...out of the 11 offensive starters only 3 returned. All offensive lineman. Possibly a FB, but I don't use my FB at all. He'll probably touch the ball three times a season.

So my defense is slacking and my offense is sucking as usual. This entire season I have been winning my games via my defense. I mean, I beat rivals FSU with a score of 13-7 and VT with a score of 10-3. So it wasn't a glorious offense. Just pure defense. And when your offense sucks on a regular basis and your defense is slacking, the defense that has been winning your games..what happens? YOU LOSE!

17-3 beating from Virginia at home. No chance of repeating this year. Way to fail, my beloved 'Canes.

Please refrain from using the terms you chose to use to describe your beatings. It is extremely insensitive, and will not be tolerated here on OS.

- T.J.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 08-16-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Son of a....What a way to lose!

Sounds like your having a blast man. Are you using a slider set? If so, which one? You are having the kind of results college football is all about.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Wow, nice. Im guessing you have simmed some games, but to already be in the '15 season is what its all about. Sounds like a good dynasty. Im currently about halfway through my 4th season with ND without simming any games yet. 35-10 overall record. 1-2 in bowl games. My squad looks good this year though, we are 3-0 ranked #5 just coming off consecutive wins @ #1 Miami...(i wont say anything) and @ #20 Michigan.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX
I lost a LOT of offensive starters to graduation and Jr's leaving for the draft after last season and you could tell...I had the 31st ranked offense in the nation. Last year I was in the top 10. What do you expect from losing your QB, HB, and ALL THREE starting WRs, and my TE? Now that I think about it...out of the 11 offensive starters only 3 returned. All offensive lineman. Possibly a FB, but I don't use my FB at all. He'll probably touch the ball three times a season.

I have a similar situation going into this season with PSU.

I lost my starting QB, RB, Top 3 WRs, TE, and I'm not real sure about O-line.

I have one WR with any experience. He's an 84 overall sophomore. I have a True Freshman who is also an 84 overall(that might be the highest Freshman rating i have seen from a recruit) and a 2 more true freshman rounding out the top 4.

My Runningback wasn't huge to lose because I rotated a lot anyway(Starter got tired easy, his back-up was decent, and my fullback is a converted Halfback). But I plugged in the new starter and after one game he seems to be a feature back. He got 27 carries for over 200 yards in a win over top 10 Colorado. He didn't get very tired at all.

My QB situation is interesting. I have a Junior who is 88 overall with 92 THA. But I have a Freshman with 80 spd and 80 THA... I've been waiting for a scrambler for so long. He doesn't hit the target too much with the sliders I use, but I think I'm gonna use the Freshman... adds another aspect to my game.

I switched my defense A LOT last year (from Multiple D to 3-4 to 4-3 to 4-2-5). I'm sticking with the 4-2-5 running the Over variety as my base because the 4-2-5 normal has a problem with the Free Safety not moving from the huddle(same with the 3-3-5 normal). I like the new D though.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX

Please refrain from using the terms you chose to use to describe your beatings. It is extremely insensitive, and will not be tolerated here on OS.

- T.J.
I really don't understand this censorship. What a crock. We can't even talk about beating readheaded step children? Are you a redhead T.J.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Wow, nice. Im guessing you have simmed some games, but to already be in the '15 season is what its all about. Sounds like a good dynasty. Im currently about halfway through my 4th season with ND without simming any games yet. 35-10 overall record. 1-2 in bowl games. My squad looks good this year though, we are 3-0 ranked #5 just coming off consecutive wins @ #1 Miami...(i wont say anything) and @ #20 Michigan.
I don't usually sim games. The reason I'm so far is because I work the grave yard shift at my job where I answer phones. And in the grave yard shift, it's dead and rarely any calls come in. I just end up hooking my XBox up and playing...and getting paid. w00t!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #7
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchp22
Sounds like your having a blast man. Are you using a slider set? If so, which one? You are having the kind of results college football is all about.
Sure, I was using these sliders:

Heisman - 6 minute quarters

Penalties: All 90-99%
Roughing the Kicker 0-10%
Unsportsmanlike Conduct 0%

HUM comes before CPU in the following:

OFFENSE: Vjo5rRZ2

QB Accuracy 30-30
Pass Block 50-50
WR Catching 45-45
RB Ability 45-40
Run Block 55-55

DEFENSE: pMhAVK52

Awareness 65-70
Knockdowns 60-65
Interceptions 20-20
Break Block 65-25
Tackling 60-45

SPECIAL TEAMS: 0XM85Vb2 (first digit is a zero, NOT a capital "o")

FG Length 55-30
FG Accuracy 40-20
Punt Length 60-55
Punt Accuracy 40-55
Kickoff Length 60-55

But I'm trying the_future420's sliders. The reason the scores are so realistic this season is due to a really bad offense. Prior to this season scoring 28+ points was easy. Two games into the '16 season and I can tell the_future420's sliders are kickass. Now that my offense is in gear again and I have a ok defense (Yeah...graduations and Jrs. leaving again) are leading to some higher scoring games. The first two games showed my team having to come from behind to win.

Had a nice thriller against the Nittany Lions. Made it to #3 greatest game on Instant Classics. At was at the Happy Valley and right from the start I was fumbling left, right, and in places I couldn't even imagine. Heh, seriously though...it was actually frustrating. It was fun though. Honestly the best game I ever had. I thought for sure it would be #1 instead of #3.

Here's a summary:

1st Quarter
PSU: 17
Miami: 0

2nd Quarter
PSU: 23 (I blocked a XP)
Miami 7

3rd Quarter
PSU: 36 (Blocked another XP)
Miami: 29

4th Quarter:
PSU: 36
Miami: 36 (Tied it with 3 minutes to go)

In the last minutes it was turnover after turnover from both Teams. Me and PSU had the ball within FG range twice and we fumbled them away while trying to run out the clock. Enter OT.

OT Round 1:

I get the ball first and with Momentum in my favor...I score a TD. PSU gets the ball and get a TD on 4th down. At this point I was at the verge of destroying my remote.

Miami 43
PSU 43

OT Round 2

PSU gets the ball first and I hold then out to a FG. I get the ball and get on 3rd and 10 and I get the 1st. I again get to third and goal and hit a wide open receiver and it was declared out of bounds. Then the game's commentary shows the replay and...BOOM! I see it. Out of bounds my ***. He had the one foot before falling on his *** out of bounds.

Challange the Catch...TD, Miami Wins

Miami 49
PSU 46

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »