Home

Interesting position change result

This is a discussion on Interesting position change result within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Interesting position change result

I'm a few years into my PSU dynasty and I was heading into recruiting with ZERO fullbacks.

I wasn't too too concerned. I had a Junior HB who was a power guy that I wanted to switch over to add a new dimension to my offense if I couldn't get a great FB recruit.

Turns out, I got NO fullbacks in recruiting.

So I switched over my Junior power back(He was the top-rated HB on my team, but he only had 82 speed so I didn't really like him).

I checked out his training results a few minutes later. He didn't gain ANYTHING in run block. I thought it was odd, but didn't worry too much.

Then, the next year, I checked it out again. He, again, gained ZERO in the run block department.

I guess his potential could have been low, I don't recall. I just thought it was awfully strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Interesting position change result

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I'm a few years into my PSU dynasty and I was heading into recruiting with ZERO fullbacks.

I wasn't too too concerned. I had a Junior HB who was a power guy that I wanted to switch over to add a new dimension to my offense if I couldn't get a great FB recruit.

Turns out, I got NO fullbacks in recruiting.

So I switched over my Junior power back(He was the top-rated HB on my team, but he only had 82 speed so I didn't really like him).

I checked out his training results a few minutes later. He didn't gain ANYTHING in run block. I thought it was odd, but didn't worry too much.

Then, the next year, I checked it out again. He, again, gained ZERO in the run block department.

I guess his potential could have been low, I don't recall. I just thought it was awfully strange.
he will gain some when he play atleast a full year at that position

didnt read the bottom part...but maybe he didnt gain any because he already reached his pontential...you said he was a junior right?
Old 08-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

It might have been a lost cause at that point to switch him and expect him to improve. Also, I don't think a fullback's block rating is going to get dramatically better anyway...either he has blocking ability or he doesn't. You probably would have been better off trying to switch a TE to fullback.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I don't really understand these position change results period. I was thin in the CB department, I had a WR with good awareness and tackle rating that was decent. 6-4 and with 94 speed might I add. 72 rated. He was my 6th WR as a junior. After the transition I see he dropped down to 69 at CB. I was pretty excited to be honest until I saw his speed rating. 71?!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

How the heck do the position changes work? I've heard that speed takes a hit but then the recruit makes it back during training. Is that right? I thought I had also read somewhere that if you try to change the position of an incoming freshman, then the speed loss is permanent. Can someone please break down how the position changes work?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is a general question about player development. Will your guys get better offseason development if they play through out the season. For instance I had many blowout wins so I emptied the bench and let in my 2nd stringers for a lot of games. Will this in any way at all affect how they develop for the next year?
Old 08-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
How the heck do the position changes work? I've heard that speed takes a hit but then the recruit makes it back during training. Is that right? I thought I had also read somewhere that if you try to change the position of an incoming freshman, then the speed loss is permanent. Can someone please break down how the position changes work?

Thanks
When I tried to do position changes for my freshman it just skipped over their names and went to the next player slot that wasn't a freshman.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #8
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

I'm playing current gen...I think you have the ability to change anyone's position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »