Home

Players going pro

This is a discussion on Players going pro within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Players going pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
If you're only getting 15 man classes, you're either wasting time going after recruits you have no chance of getting, or you're spending too many points with sending the house and head coach visits. I've actually gotten commitments out of players after a single phone call. It's not going to happen all the time, but it's possible.

If you don't have enough points, you can either

1) win a few more games
2) allocate a greater percentage towards recruiting

Also, you have to target in-state recruits if you want to get a lot of guys, especially if you are not a high prestiget eam. In-staters only cost 15 points to "send the house" versus something like 24 or 32 for out of state recruits. I can't stress it enough...recruiting in-state is crucial.

Are you talking 360 or current gen? I have had problems, as my largest recruiting class has been 17 I believe. And this is with Notre Dame. My classes have been in the top15 though each year, its just I never get alot of 3 or 2 star guys. Whats the strategy here? Do you target 3 star guys early on? I usually like to wait until weeks 3 or 4 to start looking at 2 and 3 star guys because I figure I can still pick up the ones that are interested, but they never seem to come.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm talking about the 360. I'm using Notre Dame as well.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #11
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

oops, I'm using regular Xbox...but yes, I will still target some lesser players early on. Sorry, should have specified the system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

I am playing current gen.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:09 PM   #13
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I am playing current gen.
Ok here is my recruiting strategy that I use after every season:

1) allocate 40% to recruiting, 40% to training and 20% to discipline
2) hit the in-state 5, 4 and 3 star players hard, especially if you have a need at a certain position. I use Missouri, which has a decent-but-not-great amount of in-state talent.
3) After that, I target positions where I'm thin and mainly recruit a guy only if I'm in his top three. I almost always start with the program prestige pitch and almost always go with head coach-in home visit. Again, it depends on how badly I need a position to be filled. In the first week or two, an asst. coach visit or some phone calls are fine too...just make sure you show interest.
4) see how week 1 goes. Hopefully you've nailed a couple pitches and are really gaining interest from the guys you're after. Don't mess around with guys who aren't interested. More than likely, there is someone out there who is interested, especially at a high prestige school like Notre Dame.
5) During the last couple weeks, if there are some players out there that don't have particularly high interest in ANY schools, I try to sneak in and get them. Sometimes it works, but you can't really bank on it.

That's what I do. Don't be afraid to go after a 3-star kid, or even a two star kid who is fast. You can hope for improvement in other categories, but nobody is going to get much faster as they progress.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #14
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

Also, I only send the house if I'm desperate to land a guy. It's just too many points to waste otherwise.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #15
MVP

So some of you guys are landing 20+ recruits in the offseason?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #16
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

I've done 2 seasons of recruiting and I got 25 both times. I had good seasons, with only a couple of losses, so I had a lot of points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »