Home

Players going pro

This is a discussion on Players going pro within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Players going pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Lesser rated players seem to leave if you have a really good team...it's like they think they are great players even though, obviously, they are not. Then they don't even make it into the draft file (because they're not highly rated enough) that is exported and they just disappear.

Lol. Funny and Realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #26
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by House
I have 4 guys leaving early. 1 CB that one the top DB award. My stud RB who is rated in the 90's. My LT who one the top OL man award, and another lineman.

Typically do you only want to try to bring back the guys that have the meter mostly red? My top LT has only a little of the meter filled, but my CB and RB over half way.
The guys with the "interest to return" meter filled, or whatever you want to call it, are more likely to come back. It's just a matter of philosophy as far and what is the best decision. Usually if I have a lot of depth at that position, I'll let the guy go. If it's one of my favorite players to use, I'll try to keep him around.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I did my recruiting and all other postseason moves last night. I brought back 3 guys that wanted to go pro. CB, RB and RG.

I ended up landing 19 guys for the overall #9 class. I had a few 2 and 1 star players that brought me up to 19. I only had 2 5 * players but they were the best MLB available, and imo the best WR available. He is 6'5. has 99 speed, 98 acceleration and catch is 80. I have a feeling that he will be unstoppable for years to come.

I'm happy with the numbers I added because I need the depth pretty bad. I am pissed that the #1 CB prospect in the nation ditched out on me. He was from Ohio and chose OSU. I was the #2 school on his list going into recruiting. (Notre Dame). I threw the house at him, but he chose osu after the 2nd week. I was mad.

What I have noticed is none of the QB's have great speed in recruiting. My current QB is Demetrius Jones, he has speed of 87 and throwing strenght of 96. I am now going into my 4th season, and I haven't seen a single available QB come close to his stats in running and passing. Does anybody else see QB's with great speed in recruiting?
Old 08-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #28
Rookie

Mustangs989's Arena

OVR: 1

If you want a fast QB I would suggest looking at the athletes. If when you are recruiting them they show their arm accuracy/power then they are likely to be best at QB when you change their position. I recruited a 3* ATH that became an 80 overall his freshman year with 86 speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »