Home

CPU picking impact player #3

This is a discussion on CPU picking impact player #3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #9
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: CPU picking impact player #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I personally think 99 overall players should never happen at the beggining of the year. I think the highest should be 95 by their SR year and then let them jump up to 99 by the time their done. That way they enter the draft and the game is loaded with 99 overall players. But's that just my opinion on as to why I dislike players being at 99 before they even start their SR season.
I disagree here. Reason being, the 99 overall doesn't mean much, because even if your player is a 99 rating, he can still improve different areas of his game over the course of the season (awareness, catching etc). His overall rating won't change, but he's still improving. So even if there are 10 overall 99 rated players, they are not necessarily equal.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #10
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

If I have a 99 player at a major position (QB, HB, WR, LB, CB), I usually pick two other guys as my impact players since the CPU will pick the 99 guy anyways.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I would like to get some of these 95+ players and have these problems. Granted I'm only in my 2nd year of dynasty at Wake Forest but I don't think I have anyone above a 91.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #12
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
If I have a 99 player at a major position (QB, HB, WR, LB, CB), I usually pick two other guys as my impact players since the CPU will pick the 99 guy anyways.

Didn't pick my 99 guy!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #13
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I would like to get some of these 95+ players and have these problems. Granted I'm only in my 2nd year of dynasty at Wake Forest but I don't think I have anyone above a 91.
Don't worry, the player progression for human teams is completely overdone, you will have plenty of 95+ players soon enough.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #14
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah it really is...5 points per year of improvement doesn't seem like much, but over the span of 4 off-seasons, that's 20 points, and that's the low end of things. So even a guy you bring in as a 65 is an 85 by his senior year. If you want to factor in average improvement every year he's over 90 easy.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #15
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Well the fact is some guys really do improve 20 points in 4 seasons. That's why you have the ability ratings. I've had guys who were 85s as a freshman and they were 88s as a senior. Then I've had guys like my current QB who was 82 as a freshman and is a 94 as a redshirt soph.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I also don't care about the CPU picking my 3rd impact player, but some of the CPU's decisions for non-user teams is pretty sloppy.

I've seen two teams that had their 3rd string HB has their 3rd impact player. Pretty funny that he never saw a snap the entire game and was rated 3 overall points below their 2nd string HB - yet somehow he was the IP.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »