Home

Stupid Madden...

This is a discussion on Stupid Madden... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Stupid Madden...

I play ncaa year round. Only use madden to see how my boys do in the pros
Old 08-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #10
Kez
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
No Madden for me, 2K5 is back in the Xbox once I get sick of NCAA.
""
Old 08-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

This year's Madden looks lame, honestly.

But any way that I could import NCAA 07 draft class into Madden 2006? -- Nice Goodburger reference. Wow...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #12
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm still working on NCAA. I haven't abandoned it and most likely will play it more than Madden once I'm done with my damn rosters. I played a little bit of Madden today and to be honest I can't say it blows NCAA out of the water or anything. It's more polished but they both play pretty good football.

I actually believe NCAA can become an even better game overall just by tweaking ratings of the players. I think you can get them to perform pretty much true to life with all the rating options EA included. Of course that help incoming recruits in about 3-4 years but I only plan on playing 2-3 season's at the most.

Overall, I'd say you'll see the NCAA forum die down simply because Madden has arrived. But after about 2-3 weeks for those guy's who enjoyed NCAA they'll get back to playing it eventually. The one thing about Maddden that I'm really not feeling is the atmosphere and overall crowd reaction. The game play is solid but I simple hate the atmosphere. I guess EA just didn't care about having pumped up crowds and the feeling that your watching a live broadcast NFL game.

They both have flaws but then again all games have flaws. I'll still play both games but NCAA might get more play this year.
PM, when are you gonna start working on sliders for Madden?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
PM, when are you gonna start working on sliders for Madden?
Once I'm completely done the NCAA rosters.

I have Marshall Faulk, Keenan McCardell and Az Hakim leading your Aztec's by the way.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Once I'm completely done the NCAA rosters.

I have Marshall Faulk, Keenan McCardell and Az Hakim leading your Aztec's by the way.
Cool deal... Who else do you have on the Aztecs? I'll try and remember some more Aztec players and pm you.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
I doubt I'll buy madden this year. I'm enjoying NCAA quite a bit and I always hate that I abandon NCAA when madden comes out.

If I get a 360 this year, then I'd probably pick up madden, otherwise I think I'll stick to ncaa for current gen.

i hate that i abandon NCAA too.. i really should stop, but does anyone know what that other burger joint was called in the movie Goodburger, i really, really, REALLY want to remember?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #16
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
No madden for me until the do something about the presentation/atmosphere.
NCAA is fantastic in this area and really makes the game feel alive, Madden is so bland.
I feel exactly the same way. Madden is a no-go for me this year. I've caved and bought Madden every year from 2002-2006, with NCAA getting the VAST majority of my playing time each year. I'm not even going to bother this time around. If I need an NFL fix, I'm just going to pop in 2k5. I downloaded the updated rosters in the 2k5 forum, so it's all good.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »