Home

What is the average year players start on your team in Dynasty?

This is a discussion on What is the average year players start on your team in Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #9
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What is the average year players start on your team in Dynasty?

It really depends on the position for me. I have a few positions I am still short on like SS and FS that I have to play a freshman/soph. b/c that is all I have. For my defensive line it is all 4th and 5th year seniors. For halfback the guy has to be a junior or senior. In past dynasties I usually had my QB not starting until he was a senior. That was after I built things up though. Give me another 3 seasons or so and my depth chart will be pretty even with 95% of my starts either a junior or senior. I'm currently on my 3rd season with Arkansas.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've had to start Freshman and Sophomores, but only because I was unable to recruit people in the years leading up to that point who were worth a damn.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:29 PM   #11
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm hoping once I get a few years into my ASU dynasty, I'll be able to wait until guys are at least redshirt sophs before counting on a serious contribution. I'm just in my 2nd year and I've got a true freshman starting at RT because 3 of the guys my first year were seniors and the 2 juniors declared for the draft and I wasn't able to persuade them to stay. He is a hoss though, he'll probably be all-conference this year and I'll move him over to LT next year to protect the QBs blind side. On the defensive side of the ball, I don't have any freshman starting but I've got 3 of them on the 2nd team and will be counting on a few of the redshirt frosh playing major roles next season as well. By the time I get into year 4 or so though, I'm hoping to be able to redshirt the vast majority of my freshman class unless they are superstuds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 12:11 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 30

On the 360 you can't really have a superteam, so it really depends on need. A ***** on the 360 usually starts at worst his second year. At OL due to the pancake issue, it's usually a near complete turnover every year, so a lot of RSfrosh and sophs start there, while DT and RE is usually a Junior or SR.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I used to be on the whole start upper classmen kick but I'm moving toward putting the best players on the field. I'm starting 2 Fr at LB (MLB & LOLB) and they're doing their thing for me. Tom Burnette is really fast (82 Spd) and when he's on his Awr will shoot up to the low 70's. My Fr MLB, Michael Marcellus, recently had a 2 Int game. Burnette is actually a MLB but his rating jumps from a 72 to a 78 when I play him at OLB, which is where he starts over a Jr(RS) whose also rated as a 78 but he's sorta slow for an OLB IMO.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #14
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

i couldn't nail it down to a year, but this is the first year that i have notice awareness mattering... if you have low awarenesss you fumble, drop passes, don't get rid of the ball (when you should), and pursuit/coverage is weak... so this is the first year that i tend to start players based on awareness. still, if the talent is lacking, i will put in an underclassman.

i like to redshirt when possible, so that i can get their awareness up in a spring game... just putting them in helps tremendously...
Old 08-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Just depends on who is going to help you out. I'm in my 2nd year with UCLA and I've bumped a 4 star true freshman WR with good size and 97 speed into the #4 slot and the #1 PR/KR slots to try and get him involved. I don't have anyone else with that kind of speed, so it was worth it to forgo the redshirt and get him on the field.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 02:29 AM   #16
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I redshirt when I can as much as possible. I hate when I have backup receivers getting into the game as DB's though so if I don't have enough DB's, then I will not redshirt them. Usually this will just affect the early part of my dynasty until I get enough DB's recruited so I can redhsirt any freshmen.

I have had quite a few linebackers start as freshmen, because UCLA is weak there starting out. Usually ends up being a 5 star that will start right away and they usually play really well, especially if they have speed.

for offensive positions, mostly players start as redshirt juniors or seniors, but sometimes will play earlier if injuries happen or players transfer. I seem to always get receivers transfering, linebackers as well. It really makes it more interesting. I think this has been the best recruiting has been so far for me. I am playing on the 360. In years past it was always way too easy, but with transfers, players leaving early have made it more of a challenge. I know they have had this already in past games, but they have implemented it much better this year. I still get some really good classes, but I learned early that if you only try to get 4 and 5 star players you can get burned and end up with less than 70 players on the team. In past years I have always recruited the max and then cut players, which was always a tough decision. I have yet to run into that problem and am not trying to find good quality 3 star and sometimes even 2 stars if need be.

So basically for me, the best players play, but I try to recruit so that most players redshirt. I have recruited some stud WR's and they have played as true freshmen and have done really well for me as starters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »