Home

Some of your amazing/unbelievable achievements

This is a discussion on Some of your amazing/unbelievable achievements within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Some of your amazing/unbelievable achievements

My FAU story is a pretty good one. And a reminder, I simulate all the games, and don't change my schedule.

Year one, I went 5-7 (I think). Year two, I went 6-6. But in year three, I went 7-5, second in the Sun Belt, went to some low bowl, and beat Boston College to finish 8-5.

I was then invited to join.....

THE SEC! I found that ridiculous. But still an amazing achievement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Some of your amazing/unbelievable achievements

Well, my biggest game achievement was last night. I'm in my 4th year of my dynasty and I was 9-0 heading into the Georgia game in Athens. Well, they just totally shellshocked me the first half beating me 20-0 at halftime. Anyway, I was able to come back and win at the last second with a FG to beat them 23-20. It was real tough game fighting against the momentum the whole time. I thought my championship hopes were trashed early in this game, I couldn't believe I was able to shut them down. What really ended up being the keys to victory were twice in the first half that UGA had 1st and goal within the 5 yard line and I held them to FGs. Had they score TDs on those plays, I never would have been able to come back, I just didn't have the offense last night.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

My best achievement so far was my comeback win against Kansas during year 2 of my dynasty. I was undefeated heading to Lawrence, KS thinking I would roll...My team was an A overall and their offense and defense were rated as C's. But they came out and played really well. I was down 21-3 at one point and 28-10 at halftime. Everytime I thought I was about to get back into it, something bad would happen.

I scratch and claw my way into the lead with like 3 minutes to go in the game. I'm feeling good, momentum is now in my favor, and I expect them to fold...but I was wrong, they go down the field and get a TD with a minute left on the clock, now leading by 4, so a field goal does me no good. I somehow managed to work my way down the field to about the 30 yard line. I hit Jeremy Maclin on a corner route for a TD with 4 seconds left on the clock. I couldn't believe it. What an amazing game...made even sweeter since it was on the road against my biggest rival.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Last night, in my third year with my Army team (5th overall in dynasty), I was headed to Doak Campbell to take on the undefeated #3 FSU Seminoles. I have a pretty good D, but a very mediocre O. First series, my All-American DT, slams the tailback and forces a fumble, I recover, get the momentum and I was able to race to a 17-0 halftime lead. I never started a drive inside my own territory the whole first half. Needless to say, I had the momentum my side and FSU could not recover, I won 24-0. It was a sweet victory because I had already been stomped by the two other top tens I had played this year, Penn State and Ohio State.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

it took me 8 seasons, but i finally won the NC on heisman with duke. 20-17 over texas on a last second FG.

Usually i start with a 4 or 5 star program, but i wanted a challenge this year. It was a pain, but im pretty proud of it.

My team returns 9 starters on defense and 7 on O (although we lost our AA tailback and QB) so a repeat is possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my first year with South Carolina I was (2-6) looking to finish the season with a very dissappointing losing season. I start paying attention a little more on how i play defense, and beat arkansas.

I say ok that was probably my last win of the season, the I go to Florida and play them tight it was 10-10 in the 4th when i sacked Leak for a safety, and went up 12-10. Then I turned late Leak interceptions into TDs for a 28-10 win. Suddenly I'm 4-6.

I get an win over Mid Tenn State to get to 5-6. Then I get my arch rival Clemson to try to make a bowl game. Of course even if i lost i probably would of gone to a bowl cause some teams got invites at 5-7, which i don't understand.

So I go to Clemson who is (11-0) and #3 in the nation 1 of 3 teams undefeated at that point. They got up 38-17 at the half. I fight my way back late grabbing a 45-41 lead. Then they score a TD and make it 48-45. I get a fg to tie it off a interception with a minute to go. Then i get another interception , and drive down to the 22, and win the game on a 49 yard fg, and spoil Clemson national title, and get myself into the New Orleans bowl to play heavyweight power Ball State, which i destroyed.

I get the 20th ranked recruiting class in the nation, and now I'm currently 4-1 only losing to Georgia, but have a big win over LSU.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

2rd year with FAU, been bad every year and trying to turn it around. Somehow ND put me on their schedule and I went in their and put it on them. They were 4-4 at the time, but it was my best win so far with FAU. I got out to a quick lead 14-0 and then ND tried to comeback, but each time I fought back and ended it with and INT TD.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:03 PM   #8
Y** d*s*rv* *t b*g f*ll*!

jtbleek's Arena

OVR: 6

One achievment I think they should make a top level one is scoring a touchdown on offense, defense and SP in the same game. I've done it twice in my 6-year dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »