Home

Frustrating on Heisman...

This is a discussion on Frustrating on Heisman... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Frustrating on Heisman...

I was wearing teams out on AA level.... complete domination...
I moved up to Heisman and now I see myself gettin extra frustrated with certain things...
I play with Clemson, we are a good team so I expect to be close to good teams and handle cupcake teams easy...
Well that isnt the case, it seems that every game is a shootout...
I didnt mind shooting it out with FSU but not with LTech, Temple, UNC and the list goes on...
I am currently messing around wit the sliders to try and get the most accurate feel for me... Because the CPU pass rush is ridiculous and the QB drops the ball whereva he wants despite my good defense... I cant stop them I just have to out score them... which shouldnt be the cause between a A rated team and a C- team, over and over again...

Anybody else feel a big difference between the AA and Heisman level???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 04:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Frustrating on Heisman...

Yea it's kind of to much. I've noticed if you can get your ground game going early and jump out to a lead you can dominate with the momentum meter.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:02 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Exact same thing for me.

AA is a little too easy. Heisman is just about perfect when I play good teams. But the cupcakes give me trouble too.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I actually think Heisman is easier this year (compared to 2006, doesn't mean its easy in 2007) and AA is definately tougher. AA is good for me with tweaks and I don't like Heisman this year. Jump the snap really hurts both levels - too easy for humans on AA and too easy for CPU on Heisman. I don't use jts on AA and it makes the game much better. The running game is my biggest problem with Heisman as I think the line play is crap. I definately agree though that on Heisman, the CPU offenses and especially the passing game really tend to be much, much better than on AA.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
I was wearing teams out on AA level.... complete domination...
I moved up to Heisman and now I see myself gettin extra frustrated with certain things...
I play with Clemson, we are a good team so I expect to be close to good teams and handle cupcake teams easy...
Well that isnt the case, it seems that every game is a shootout...
I didnt mind shooting it out with FSU but not with LTech, Temple, UNC and the list goes on...
I am currently messing around wit the sliders to try and get the most accurate feel for me... Because the CPU pass rush is ridiculous and the QB drops the ball whereva he wants despite my good defense... I cant stop them I just have to out score them... which shouldnt be the cause between a A rated team and a C- team, over and over again...

Anybody else feel a big difference between the AA and Heisman level???
TheGreat, I am also playing a dynasty with Clemson and currently in my 3rd year. The first 2 years I played mostly on AA with many different slider sets and my 3rd year is Heisman with thefuture's sliders (in the slider forum) I would suggest giving them a shot and I have a post with scores from my 10 games so far. They are very challenging and fun. I only play on 6 min to keep scores down. Right now I am 8-2 with losses to Maryland and Duke. But when you think of Clemson there really is always losses liek that. They were both good games and just fell short. Also, my last 3 games have been greatest game scores. I am currently playing FSU and winning 7-0 with 2 min remaining in the first. Ray Ray returned an interception for my score.

Anyway, dont give up on heisman, try his sliders if your on xbox/ps2. Let me know how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

On Xbox, I find Heisman okay w. HFA turned off. If it's on then too many crappy/average teams will beat your arse.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-25-2006, 11:45 AM   #7
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Sadly, I've had to implement the following in my Dynasty because of this:

- Sim all games against "cupcakes".
Old 08-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #8
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

heisman is perfect on the 360 version. The only adjustments i have to make slider wise are human run block and pass block. I usually max these out. But i feel that on the 360 version at least, teams play to their ratings. I took Ohio State versus Indiana just to test my theory, and I beat them 38 - 14, with Troy Smith and Pittman each with 100 yards on the ground, and Troy Smith with 250 yards passing on 14-22 passing. On All American the game probably would have been a blow out. But on Heisman I think the stats came out close to what a real game would look like. Also Ted Ginn had 4 receiving touchdowns. I'm going to try it again with two equal teams to see the outcome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »