Home

Possible patch coming to address DDEs with '07?

This is a discussion on Possible patch coming to address DDEs with '07? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Possible patch coming to address DDEs with '07?

So I just bought my system 10 days ago (late April build, Samsung drive), and I've been having a lot of DDE trouble with NCAA '07. I also play Forza (the old) and PGR3 a good bit, without any trouble at all.

I've spoken with MS, and they indicated that EA was working on a patch to correct the DDE issue with NCAA '07. Has anyone else heard this? EA, of course, is blaming MS.

I've read and voted on here, but I'm wondering what the verdict is - have people found that cleaning the disc with isopropyl is the answer? Or is it just not cutting through the cut scenes (when I seem to have my problem)? I am 98% convinced that this is NOT a MS problem, as I would expect to see errors on the other games I play. I'd say I get a DDE in 2/3 of the games I play. That's unacceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Possible patch coming to address DDEs with '07?

bump - Please help out... What is the verdict here? Should I try returning again (bad batch) or the cleaning thing?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think a patch would fix anything. A patch would fix a software problem. There is a hardware problem somewhere if you're getting DDE's, either the discs are no good (EA's fault) or the drives are no good (MS's fault). You could debate where the blame lies until you're blue in the face.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisprudent
So I just bought my system 10 days ago (late April build, Samsung drive), and I've been having a lot of DDE trouble with NCAA '07. I also play Forza (the old) and PGR3 a good bit, without any trouble at all.

I've spoken with MS, and they indicated that EA was working on a patch to correct the DDE issue with NCAA '07. Has anyone else heard this? EA, of course, is blaming MS.

I've read and voted on here, but I'm wondering what the verdict is - have people found that cleaning the disc with isopropyl is the answer? Or is it just not cutting through the cut scenes (when I seem to have my problem)? I am 98% convinced that this is NOT a MS problem, as I would expect to see errors on the other games I play. I'd say I get a DDE in 2/3 of the games I play. That's unacceptable.
I think its your system. I have a modded Xbox so I play my game off of my Hard-Drive (no DVD) and have never had a single DDE. Also Samsung drives suck just like all the other Xbox DVD drives (I have one and its laser was a POS...my launch Thompson is much better). To fix the DDEs you need to clean off your Lens with a Q-tip and alcohol and get rid of all the dust inside your system.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #5
Rookie

I would agree except for two things: 1) I have none, ZERO, problems with any other game. 2) I'm not the only one only having trouble with NCAA '07, as all of these boards show.

It's just a little too convenient to blame the system, which is completely clean and brand new. If the lens were dirty, the errors would appear on other games, not just one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisprudent
I would agree except for two things: 1) I have none, ZERO, problems with any other game. 2) I'm not the only one only having trouble with NCAA '07, as all of these boards show.

It's just a little too convenient to blame the system, which is completely clean and brand new. If the lens were dirty, the errors would appear on other games, not just one.
Ah yes... yet another person who is experiencing the same crap that happened to me. Had my 360 since January 20, a library of 20+ games, and never a problem. Until playing NCAA, that is...

I got about 4 total DDE's, cleaned my disc with rubbing alcohol, and was able to play 3 games of NCAA without problems. Then, the "fun" started... My 360 started to completely freeze while playing any of my other games, until the appearance of the red lights of death. Fortunately, I had the extended warranty on my 360, so I currently sit 2 and a half weeks after returning the system for repairs wondering when I may be able to play the system I shelled out $400+ for again...

As a previous poster said, either the fault lies with EA or MS. Since we the consumers will never know the true story, we just get screwed and have no recourse.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:37 PM   #7
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

oh i thought u guys were talking about Xbox version not the 360 version.

FYI the Hitachi drive is just as good as the Samsung drive on the 360, and I think its better cause u can add hacked firmware to the Hitachi.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »