Home

Things that make you restart games

This is a discussion on Things that make you restart games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #17
Rookie

a4dp's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Things that make you restart games

I've never restarted. I lost a close game to Northwestern because of 7 turnovers. It was a downward spiral. I just took it as normal Purdue football and went on. Thankfully the rest of the season wasn't like that. I ended up finishing the season 11-1 and Northwestern won the Big Ten. It's a game, it happens. If I never lost or had close games I'd probably lose interest.

My college roommate would always restart after losing games and I would always get on him, but he's a Notre Dame fan so that is expected.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I've had games where I wanted to reset, like when I had to play Rutgers into triple overtime to determine the winner(it was me). Brohm fell out of contention for the Heisman due to that game when he threw 4 ints and 2 TD's.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #19
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

If I allow 30+ points in the first half I'll generally quit. Not because I don't want to lose, but because it's a sign I'm really not ready - or in the mood - to play. I'll take the day, or a couple hours, off and come back more prepared, in the proper state of mind.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #20
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
If I allow 30+ points in the first half I'll generally quit. Not because I don't want to lose, but because it's a sign I'm really not ready - or in the mood - to play. I'll take the day, or a couple hours, off and come back more prepared, in the proper state of mind.
Do you quit if you score 30+ points in the first half due to you might be overly ready?

I never restart a game regardless how outrageous something going on might be, feels like I'm cheating if I do, I never really understood how some people will quit if they throw 5 picks or something because they don't find it fair, yet if they get 5 picks its perfectly fine.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 08-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Lame. Whaaaaa whaaaaaa, my 90 WR shouldn't of dropped that pass. whaaa whaaaa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 03:39 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 7

There are many coaches that wish they could hit a restart button in real games.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #23
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I did it this year, for the first time in like years. And I felt guilty the rest of the season.

I restarted the Purdue game, in my Penn State dynasty. They would have ruined my perfect season. A season in which I had a miracle comeback against Notre Dame. A great game score of like 1325.

I had about 4 or 5 turnovers in the first half... and what happens on my first possesion of the second half. An interception. Click!

It was very unsatisfying the rest of the year.

I was almost glad I lost to West VA in the National Championship.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #24
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Perfect example of why you shouldn't restart games. I'm playing Missouri at home (#23 Texas Tech) in my dynasty today. I'm 4-1, they are 4-0. They win the toss and procede to drive down and score in 4 plays. 7-0. I'm thinking this will be tough but doable. They kickoff to me, my returner fumbles as soon as he's touched, they recover at my 13 yard line. I stop them on 1st and 2nd down, 3rd down they throw a swing pass to the halfback who scamper in for 6 more. 14-0 Missou. Next drive I go 3 and out (seems to happen alot when they have full momentum). Missou drives the ball 60 yards and scores. My defensive backs refuse to even attempt to cover no matter what D I call. 2nd quarter starts and I string a few 1st downs together, I lessen their team bonus from +5 to +2. Get into the red zone and throw a pick off a tipped pass. Missou marches right down the field and scores. 28-0. My offense sputters, but my D starts to step up, it goes to halftime 28-0. Turnovers: TTU - 3 Missou - 1

2nd half I'm thinking this is going to be blowout. I get the kickoff and still can't get anything going, punt to them. I notice man defense is working somewhat with bump/run called, so I start calling alot of it and it works, stop then and finally drive down and score on a nice 7 yard curl by Amendola. 28-7 Missou. I get Missou to go 3 and out, but throw yet another pick on my next drive. 3rd quarter ends 28-7 Missou. 4th quarter starts and I notice Missou has brought in their 2nd string QB, insult to injury. I quickly stop their drive and get the ball about my 30 yard line. 2 plays later I hit Joel Filani on a streak in single coverage. 28-14 Missou with 4 minutes to go. I kickoff and Missou gets 1 first down. My defense holds strong and gets a key run stop on 3rd and 3. I get the ball and get a decent return to my 45 with 3:00 to go. Several pass plays out of shotgun (this IS Texas Tech) and I'm down to their 10. I call All Curls out of Shotgun 4 flex wide, I see them tip off the blitz, I snap it and at least 6 are coming, 2 steps and fire to an open Amendola again. 28-21 Missou with 2:04 to go. I try an onside but they get it on my 33 yard line. I'm thinking this is all but over, but I have all my timeouts. 1st play a run I stuff. 2nd play another run with the QB, he gets 3. 3rd and 7 at my 30. I decide to blitz my OLBs, they run another QB draw and he gets creamed back at the 36 yard line! They punt and its a touchback. TTU ball on the 20 with 57 seconds to go. First play I hit my HB out of the backfield for a gain of 20. Second play I notice Joel Filani is single covered, throw up a lob and pray, and he comes down with it in space! Touchdown! It's going to OT!

Or so I thought until Missouri blocked the extra point attempt. Missouri kneels it down twice and wins 28-27. Heartbreaking, but the most fun I've had so far with this game.

#4 ESPN Classic game with a score of 725. Would have never happened if I had reset. Sure crappy stuff happens in some games, just like real life. The only time I wish I could reset is when I run out of time and need to do something, I'd kill for an ingame save feature next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »