Home

Things that make you restart games

This is a discussion on Things that make you restart games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Things that make you restart games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
Do you quit if you score 30+ points in the first half due to you might be overly ready?

I never restart a game regardless how outrageous something going on might be, feels like I'm cheating if I do, I never really understood how some people will quit if they throw 5 picks or something because they don't find it fair, yet if they get 5 picks its perfectly fine.
Well generally when I get 5 picks in a game its because I have 8 men in coverage and the cpu throws a bad pass. In that case that is a realistic interception.

Generally when I throw an interception it is because my qb will just drop back and throw the ball on his own to a random spot on the field, or the game will just force me to throw interceptions. Case in point, playing with oklohoma state and my starting qb goes down for 9 weeks, so i play the rs freshman. Yes I understand he is a freshman and will get nervous and be prone to mistakes and will probably turn the ball over alot. However in this game that is not portrayed in a real life fashion at all, because you as the user have direct control over what the players do. A real life freshman in this situation would probably not be able to read defenses, get sacked alot, and throw alot of ill advised passes. However in this game, I can read defenses, eluded sacks, and not throw bad passes with any quarterback rather they are a freshman or not. Since this is how most young or bad quarterbacks make mistakes, and since I do not make mistakes like this as the user, the game now has to force these mistakes since the programming logic thinks it should happen anyway. As for my quarterback, in two weeks he has thrown 7 interceptions, with every one of them being of the two types i mentioned. ON random plays he just pulls up and throws the ball to a defender without me controlling him, and on plays that I have a man wide open he will just throw it to the defender nearest that man. I have no control over either of these things and it really is getting to be quite lame. It also happens alot in clutch situations.

I don't expect the guy to convert a high number of 3rd down conversions. But is it realistic for him to always throw a bad pass to an open reciever on 3 and 4? Is it realistic for a linebacker to come rushing in untouched and sack him virtually ever 3 and 6? Is it realistic for him to either throw a pick or get sacked and fumble every time i get into the redzone in the 4th quarter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #26
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
Generally when I throw an interception it is because my qb will just drop back and throw the ball on his own to a random spot on the field, or the game will just force me to throw interceptions.
You can turn off Auto-Throw and he won't just throw the ball without you directing him to do so. I believe it's in Settings -> Controller.

As for him throwing it right into the coverage, what is his accuracy rating?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #27
Rookie

punchy7080's Arena

OVR: 1

some of these games just get out of control it seems. i'm new to the game and played my first few games on varsity level. checked out some sliders and decided to upgrade to all-american. i played my first game with default sliders though on AA as louisville AT kansas state. i won 28-9 and scored a late touchdown on a turnover, so it was a pretty close game. next game i go to middle tennessee state university and the announcers are talking blowout and how bad the other team sucks compared to my players. i tried one of the sets of sliders and was just getting killed, so i reset all the sliders to default on AA figuring i wasn't ready yet. so, i play the game on default AA and i STILL ended up losing like 54-20 and it wasn't even that close. brohm threw like 5 piks... couldn't complete a pass to save his life. i couldn't stop their quarterback to save my life. i figured that week on the schedule i was just going to lose... undefeated season over and i've got cincinnati at home coming up... easy win, right? same thing happens again (still back on default sliders). brohm throws 2 or 3 picks out of his first five passes and cincinnati is completing 20 yard passes when i'm in the dime/cover 2 with 4 of my DBs around the receiver. i'm down 28-0 at the beggining of the 3rd QTR. it's like some games the CPU just decides you are going to LOSE!! is this just me?? i can take the odd game happening, but it ticks me off when the computer decides i'm going to lose a given game no matter HOW i play...
Old 08-31-2006, 02:48 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

I understand what you are all saying in this thread, but honestly some of the stuff that pops up in this game is a little absurd. Don't get me wrong I love this game and play at least one game a day. I can recall one game (on heisman - slightly tweaked in my favor - playing with Nebraska) where the final score ended up being something like 82-80. Combined there were like 16 turnovers and lots of quick scores. Also there was about 1200 yards of offense between the two teams and my QB had a 600 yard day. Maybe partially my fault because I went into spaz mode where I started throwing bombs when I got down. The game ended up as a loss so I restarted. I just could not accept the weirdness that happened in this particular game. Since I have learned how to play and control momentum and have some pretty good games and in all honesty it is time to start tweaking some sliders in the CPU's favor as I am starting to win too much.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:24 PM   #29
Rookie

MaxPower's Arena

OVR: 2

I've never restarted a game, but I got pretty angry last night. Tie game in the 4th quarter and I fumble away the ball 3 possessions in a row. Give me a break. Still... that's life sometimes.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:19 PM   #30
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower
I've never restarted a game, but I got pretty angry last night. Tie game in the 4th quarter and I fumble away the ball 3 possessions in a row. Give me a break. Still... that's life sometimes.
Exactly, as absurd as it may sound to throw 5 picks in the first half, sports are a crap shoot and anything is possible.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:31 PM   #31
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

I will say this about you restarters. This game for whatever reason does sometimes feel like its scripted, and that is very annoying/aggrivating. When the turnovers happen, they seem to keep happening all game long. I think the momentum system needs some serious tweeking for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom_23
You can turn off Auto-Throw and he won't just throw the ball without you directing him to do so. I believe it's in Settings -> Controller.

As for him throwing it right into the coverage, what is his accuracy rating?
His accuracy is low, around 80, but I don't see how that could have an effect on the types of picks he would throw (i stopped playing with them). Now I can see if my has maybe three steps on a guy and he throws it to far behind him and it gets picked, will still make me angry but that happens all the time in real life. However, when the defense runs cover 2 zone, and I run a streak with my outside reciever and a deep post with my inside reciever, and the safety takes the inside guy and i throw it to the guy wide open striking down the field with nobody near him and my qb just launches it right where ever the safety is (usually a good 10 yards away from my man) then something is wrong. One bad pass? Yeah okay fine, two bad passes. But 7?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »