Home

Things that make you restart games

This is a discussion on Things that make you restart games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2006, 07:16 AM   #49
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Things that make you restart games

I wonder if Notre Dame wanted to hit the reset button after getting killed by Michigan in the first half and having the first TD go through a guy's hands and being returned for a TD. The CPU (Michigan) was definately cheating on that one since that shouldn't happen.

In the Oklahoma game, the CPU (Oregon) totally cheated by getting an onside kick (OU did get screwed on that one big time), then getting a cheap penalty and then having a wide open TD pass. When Oklahoma tried a 44 yard field goal to win at the end of the game, the cheating CPU (Oregon) blocked the kick! Ridiculous!

Both Notre Dame and Oregon should hit the reset button as the CPU was blatantly cheating.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:17 AM   #50
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Those are good examples Rudy, but on the same token, when Auburn took a 7-3 lead over LSU in the 3rd, they didn't become superhuman and roll to a 35-3 win. Or when Tennessee got to a 17-7 lead over FLA, it wasn't game over......If I was playing '07, and the CPU took a 17-7 lead in the 3rd, odds are it would be lights out and the final would be in the 45-7 neighborhood.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #51
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I wonder if Notre Dame wanted to hit the reset button after getting killed by Michigan in the first half and having the first TD go through a guy's hands and being returned for a TD. The CPU (Michigan) was definately cheating on that one since that shouldn't happen.

In the Oklahoma game, the CPU (Oregon) totally cheated by getting an onside kick (OU did get screwed on that one big time), then getting a cheap penalty and then having a wide open TD pass. When Oklahoma tried a 44 yard field goal to win at the end of the game, the cheating CPU (Oregon) blocked the kick! Ridiculous!

Both Notre Dame and Oregon should hit the reset button as the CPU was blatantly cheating.
I was @ the Oklahoma-Oregon game. 2 bogus missed calls by the officials. Plus a long review on the onside kick, and the still could not get it right.

Shameful, but an exciting game and great finish.

Yes, Stoops would've loved a reset button...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #52
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Those are good examples Rudy, but on the same token, when Auburn took a 7-3 lead over LSU in the 3rd, they didn't become superhuman and roll to a 35-3 win. Or when Tennessee got to a 17-7 lead over FLA, it wasn't game over......If I was playing '07, and the CPU took a 17-7 lead in the 3rd, odds are it would be lights out and the final would be in the 45-7 neighborhood.
I agree that games can get out of hand but its not always like that. I did win a game in year 2 by a score of 13-9 over Virginia. Tight ball game the hole way. Usually if I get steamrolled in the end its because I'm pressing and throwing some poor interceptions. If I get up early, it can get easy to blow them out but not always and I've lost games despite being up by two scores. I've also come from behind in a 21-3 deficit.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4
Cool Restarting...

Restarting is ridiculous...why not just tell everyone, "hey, i won 32 straight national championships and went eleventy-billion and zero along with 19 heismans." You don't even have to by the game...I will agree that the momentum meter makes the game very frustrating (especially when your offense suddenly forgets how to play b/c your defense had a blown coverage...wtf?)...in fact, in 07 I haven't gotten past one season in a dynasty b/c i keep getting frustrated with the ridiculous losses (it's not the losing, which i can take, but the way you lose, like 37 from the previously winless CPU in the 4th quarter to win by 7...again...wtf?)...but by no means will i ever play a game twice...that's about as cool as a bag of rocks...
Old 09-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #54
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I agree that games can get out of hand but its not always like that. I did win a game in year 2 by a score of 13-9 over Virginia. Tight ball game the hole way. Usually if I get steamrolled in the end its because I'm pressing and throwing some poor interceptions. If I get up early, it can get easy to blow them out but not always and I've lost games despite being up by two scores. I've also come from behind in a 21-3 deficit.
Yeah, my frustration with the whole momentum thing is that it is just unnecessary....as is "comeback code" which appears to be in many sports games. Just rate the players and teams, and then let things play out naturally. We'll see an appropriate number of upsets, close games, blowouts, shootouts, defensive battles and everything in between. Those of us old enough to predate video games know this, because we use to simulate sports games with dice and cards. Somehow those simple dice and cards did a pretty good job of creating alot of variety, while keeping things pretty realistic.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #55
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Just rate the players and teams, and then let things play out naturally. We'll see an appropriate number of upsets, close games, blowouts, shootouts, defensive battles and everything in between.
This is exactly why guys like Gary Danielson believe momentum is a hoax. He doesn't see momentum as being tangible. He sees it only as perception after one team makes a bunch of good plays and/or the other team makes a bunch of bad plays. The outcome may look as though the one team is doing really well but its just a string of good play, not necessarily boosted play due to morale. This whole issue is debatable but the simplest solution is to have the ability to turn the option off. Everyone would agree to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon14 Re: Things that make you restart games

Quote:
the simplest solution is to have the ability to turn the option off. Everyone would agree to that.
Amen...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »