Home

Just want to whine a bit

This is a discussion on Just want to whine a bit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2006, 10:54 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Just want to whine a bit

I just got the game on sunday for the 360, hadn't play since the 2005 xbox version (which I hated). My favorite was 2004. With that in mind, here are my comments so far (I haven't really read any thing on this game, so maybe these are known things--I haven't really been paying attention that much).

1) Plays just like 2004. Has the same deal where you can rush around from the end and sack the qb pretty easily. Also the computer always runs to the right, like 2004.

2) Way too many turnovers.

3) The jump snap and all that stuff is annoying more than anything. Just leads to more penalties--why would I want to sit through 4 or 5 more penalties a game?

4) The collision detection is just awful in this game, along with the momentum on tackles. I've sacked the qb 5 yards deep and somehow he falls forward 4 or 5 yards.

5) The defensive guys take horrible angles and just stop for no reason sometimes. Which can lead to big plays.

6) The cpu does run the ball now, for the like the first time ever that I can remember. Only problem is, they forgot to tell the AI not to run the ball with 19 seconds left when they're down and 70 yards away, lol.

7) Graphics are awesome, very impressive. Sound is good too. Although I've heard quite a bit of the commentary before from the 04 and 05 editions.

Those are my comments on the game. I don't think it's even close to as good as 2004. I think EA has gone the wrong direction with some of this stuff, adding so much crap on top of the game that it just gets in the way sometimes (and mostly just ends up screwing you in the end anyways). Like HFA in 2005, seemed like it just ended up screwing you in the big games. Who's going to like a feature that always seems to work against you? The features need to be ones that can give you an advantage if you know how to use them, but if you don't want to use them it shouldn't penalize you. The game is fun, but it's sort of stale anymore. The same plays I used in 2004 to score still work in 2007, in fact they're still the best plays to use. Running outside is still a crapshoot, either a nice gain or a 5 yard loss. Running inside still suffers from mario running and just plain bad collision detection where a back can magically get through a bunch of defensive players when he shouldn't (happens both ways).

Taylor34
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »