Home

360 inability to save SETTINGS=MOST ANNOYING FEATURE EVER

This is a discussion on 360 inability to save SETTINGS=MOST ANNOYING FEATURE EVER within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
360 inability to save SETTINGS=MOST ANNOYING FEATURE EVER

Great job EA.

After about an hour of frustration last night...I have really got a bone to pick with EA and Microsoft (XBox live).

So I started a dynasty with my buddy last night....

I, of course always play my dynasties on my profile and had yet to develop a user profile for my bud...which I obviously created last night so both of us could have our own profiles when we play each other.

Well..what SHOULD be a very simple process turned into a nightmare.

First off...as far as slider settings, etc. go...it's impossible to just save SETTINGS...you have to save it SPECIFICALLY to a profile.

Also...when you want to upload a dynasty...you have to have the SPECIFIC User gamertag loaded up or it won't show up on your selections list. In other words...

I created his profile then proceeded to start our dynasty. I played my game, saved the dynasty..came back later...signed on (with MY profile) and proceeded to try and load our dynasty up...which seemed to vanish. After spending way to much time cussing up a storm and looking all over I figured out that I needed to Sign out of My profile, Sign in on his profile...go back to the Dynasty load screen, and there it was.

WAY TOO COMPLICATED EA...I don't care WHAT user gamertag I'm logged on with...EVERY DYNASTY that is saved on my harddrive SHOULD SHOW UP.

I should NOT have to go through this whole song and dance to load a dynasty.

THEN!!! When I finally DID reload the Dynasty up....it said I have to sign in with my user profile...IT WAS ALREADY SIGNED IN! WTF?! I couldn't back out, etc...I had to load it.

Well..another LOVELY feature that EA incorporated was the fact that if you load up another user profile..it automatically RESETS the profile! Which means all my settings, penalty sliders, sub settings, etc.....are RESET every damn time I load a profile...unless you see in the TINY little warning that you have to press (B) to upload the profile because if you press (A)..you know guys..the (A) button that universally is the "come on..get past this crap" I'm in a hurry button....is the "Yes, I want to completely erase 20 minutes worth of slider switching, etc." button.

Needless to say..I now have about 30 dynasties of the same damn dynasty saved on about 35 user profiles of 2 guys...and all because I just wanted to save the DAMN SETTINGS to use in future dynasties,etc.

Way to make things WAAAAAYYY more complicated and annoying that needs to be EA.

End of rant. I'm off to go upload my dynasty and re input all of my subs, settings, etc. Yeah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
No end in sight...

OVR: 20
Re: 360 inability to save SETTINGS=MOST ANNOYING FEATURE EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Great job EA.

After about an hour of frustration last night...I have really got a bone to pick with EA and Microsoft (XBox live).

So I started a dynasty with my buddy last night....

I, of course always play my dynasties on my profile and had yet to develop a user profile for my bud...which I obviously created last night so both of us could have our own profiles when we play each other.

Well..what SHOULD be a very simple process turned into a nightmare.

First off...as far as slider settings, etc. go...it's impossible to just save SETTINGS...you have to save it SPECIFICALLY to a profile.

Also...when you want to upload a dynasty...you have to have the SPECIFIC User gamertag loaded up or it won't show up on your selections list. In other words...

I created his profile then proceeded to start our dynasty. I played my game, saved the dynasty..came back later...signed on (with MY profile) and proceeded to try and load our dynasty up...which seemed to vanish. After spending way to much time cussing up a storm and looking all over I figured out that I needed to Sign out of My profile, Sign in on his profile...go back to the Dynasty load screen, and there it was.

WAY TOO COMPLICATED EA...I don't care WHAT user gamertag I'm logged on with...EVERY DYNASTY that is saved on my harddrive SHOULD SHOW UP.

I should NOT have to go through this whole song and dance to load a dynasty.

THEN!!! When I finally DID reload the Dynasty up....it said I have to sign in with my user profile...IT WAS ALREADY SIGNED IN! WTF?! I couldn't back out, etc...I had to load it.

Well..another LOVELY feature that EA incorporated was the fact that if you load up another user profile..it automatically RESETS the profile! Which means all my settings, penalty sliders, sub settings, etc.....are RESET every damn time I load a profile...unless you see in the TINY little warning that you have to press (B) to upload the profile because if you press (A)..you know guys..the (A) button that universally is the "come on..get past this crap" I'm in a hurry button....is the "Yes, I want to completely erase 20 minutes worth of slider switching, etc." button.

Needless to say..I now have about 30 dynasties of the same damn dynasty saved on about 35 user profiles of 2 guys...and all because I just wanted to save the DAMN SETTINGS to use in future dynasties,etc.

Way to make things WAAAAAYYY more complicated and annoying that needs to be EA.

End of rant. I'm off to go upload my dynasty and re input all of my subs, settings, etc. Yeah.
mail me my memory card

or bring it down this weekend
Old 08-31-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I feel your frustration and agree with everything you've said AA. I have no idea why they changed the save files the way they did. I think they were trying to streamline things, but in the end, it made saving multiple files difficult, if not impossible. Why, why, why did they go and change/fix something that wasn't broke? IMO, it's just another one of those things that make you say WTF is EA thinking?
Old 08-31-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Auburn, I love your avatar! I could stare at that for awhile.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
Auburn, I love your avatar! I could stare at that for awhile.
Gee, I think you're the first person to EVER mention that...

/sarcasm
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »