Home

Does the CPU gameplan for you?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU gameplan for you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #9
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Does the CPU gameplan for you?

It's a possibility. Think about it, when you play online on current gen it tracks how much you blitz, how much you audible, your favorite formations, how much you use shotgun, your run-pass ratio etc... It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the game tracks these same things offline and the cpu uses it to formulate strategy.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:35 AM   #10
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Just to reiterate the point, I played a game against Kent State last night. They played a 3-4 and brought the safety to help stop the run from the start. It wasn't until I started to become successful with the pass in the second half that my running back got above 2 yards per carry.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah. I play with UNLV who only has one formation where the QB is under center (goalline). I usually pass for well over 300 yds a game due to the fact I throw so much. Last game I played TCU who ran a 3-3-5 defense. If you're familiar with it there are 3 different formations within it. They played the one where their safeties and cbs are way off the line playing zone against the deep ball. Then their 2 other secondary people played zone protecting the out patterns, with their 3 LBs protecting the middle. Some plays they even spy'd their DE's because my qb is an 85 speed so they'd have 9-10 guys playing zone. In the first half I couldnt score on them. Only managed a TD on a punt return. 2nd half though I just stayed patient and waited for them to blitz and picked them apart. My defense did give me great field position though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

On the defensive side of the game, it seems to be true as well. I've had a lot of games where my usual defense (3-4 cover 2 man) will get chewed up, but if I switch to zone, I can get some stops. I don't know if its possible to find a definitive answer but it sure seems like the CPU gameplans for the user.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I think so. In my second year, I played at Kentucky in the opener, and then hosted Mid Tenn St and Kansas St. In all three of those games at least once, I was able to line up trips to the left side and then send Stripling in motion to the right and have him go deep. He would always be lined up against a LB which meant an easy TD for us.

Well, against Michigan St, Utah, Cincy, and USF, the following 4 games, I was unable to run this formation and get Stripling matched up against a LB, he was covered by CB.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

I would like to think so, but somehow I doubt it. Then again, often I get caught out by trying to run the exact same gameplan two games in a row so i guess you never know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »