Home

Recruiting needs work

This is a discussion on Recruiting needs work within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Recruiting needs work

Just finished my 3rd year in my Southern Miss Dynasty. I won the SEC Championship in my 2nd year of membership. Also won my first National Title in year 3 and my prestige is now an A+. Here's the dilemma or problem if you will. I'm pretty much set on offense. My offensive line, and backs/receivers are pretty young so i'll just try to recruit a few guys on offense for depth. Defense is a different story. I'm pretty set at LB and Defensive line. Just need to recruit for depth and for the future. The secondary is a different animal. I'm set with my top two corners but I need a lot of help other than the 2 starters. I also need help at FS and SS. The problem is, while i'm trying to recruit guys to strengthen my entire defense since i'm pretty set on offense, it's tough. Either no good safeties are available in recruiting or there are a few and they aren't interested in my school. I have been finding this to be the case with LB's also. Corners are easy to recruit and there is alway a lot of them to go around. Anybody else run into this problem? It's like when you need help or need to focus on a couple positions, it's hard to find decent guys.

Another thing that frustrates me is that I'm now an A+ prestige school coming off the national championship and I don't have the pick of the litter like the USC's, ND's, Tex's, etc. It has been this way the last few years with this game. What's the point of being able to increase prestige when it doesn't seem to translate into attracting more of the top recruits. It seems to be more of a problem in off-season recruiting as I can land about 2-3 5* guys during in-season recruiting. It's like i'm not a major college program after building them up and winning a lot of games, but recruiting wise, it's like I get the recruits that the big programs don't want. I would expect to see a lot of recruits interested in my program being that it's on the rise. However, it doesn't happen. Again I'm an A+ school but I don't think I have one player with at least a 90 overall rating. I have a handfull of 89 overalls. Yet I'm playing teams with 95 overall guys at every skill position...lol I think this needs to be fixed but maybe it's just me.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 06:25 AM   #2
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Recruiting needs work

Just roll with it my man. Take that "us against the world" mentality to the opposition and make every year a "USM Revenge Tour".
Old 09-07-2006, 08:25 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

How do your recruiting classes rank? Have you tried recruiting extra corners that are big and converting them to safety to solve your S issues? You could always try to recruit athletes that fit the profiles of LB or S and see if they translate well to those positions.

I do have to say that I think they made recruiting more difficult this year on the PS2. It may still be too easy (which I like since I would never win a NC without it) but I do think it its harder this year.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
Rookie

MSUDawg68's Arena

OVR: 1

I cant get a Saftey to save my life either.... In the past 2 seasons i've had the #1 and #7 recruiting classes, but I had two 3* FS's and zero SS. I even had a graduating senior all-sec safety and I still couldn't get a recruit interested in the position.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Yup, safety is a mother to recruit at. Luckily I found an ATH that was supposed to be a RB, but rated well all across the board.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

eskimo's Arena

OVR: 3

It could be that because you have just gained 6 star prestiege, that you aren't being considered like a USC or ND. Plus you are only a 3rd year head coach. I would expect recruiting to get easier if you maintain your current level of performance.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo
It could be that because you have just gained 6 star prestiege, that you aren't being considered like a USC or ND. Plus you are only a 3rd year head coach. I would expect recruiting to get easier if you maintain your current level of performance.
Pretty much what I was going to say. Just because you just became National Champs doesn't mean that allof a sudden that kids are going to want to go to your school. The y may think it is a fluke. Try being a top program for another 4-6 years and then see how many kids want to play for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »