Home

Finally a cpu 'wide right' on ps2

This is a discussion on Finally a cpu 'wide right' on ps2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Finally a cpu 'wide right' on ps2

I know everyone is tired of this issue, but I was gratified to finally see the cpu miss a field goal wide right on the ps2 version. I have acc at 0 and fg length at 20 (the kicker later hit a 47 yarder with lots of room to spare so length is no problem). It was Auburn's kicker and it was a 35 yarder from the left hash and occurred even with +5 momentum. One other necessary tinker I did was go through the roster and decrease every kicker's acc by 30 points. Sure, not everyone will want to do this and it's useless for guys who like to play multi-year dynasties (I don't) but it was nice to see anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Finally a cpu 'wide right' on ps2

I saw my first wide right last night as well. Oregon K clanged one off the upright -- forgot to take note of the distance, probably in the 35-50 yard range? Was good to see, as I've seen guys miss short but never wide.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The fact you edited the kicker is the main reason. Someone posted earlier if you drop them all by 40 points they become more reasonable. However, you can't edit new recruits in dynasty so in a few years, you are back to the same problem.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Man I wish could edit rosters all the way through the season.

That's one of the best things about College Hoops. If there is a change to some teams depth chart, you can go in and change it. If someone just blows up during the season, you can edit their ratings.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I still can't figure out how they could have botched this aspect of the game. This series has been around for more than a decade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2006, 01:42 AM   #6
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

When people continually buy the game with its flaws intact, EA feels they don't have to change anything.

We all knew this was coming when the bidding wars started...
Old 09-15-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
When people continually buy the game with its flaws intact, EA feels they don't have to change anything.

We all knew this was coming when the bidding wars started...
That's not a true statement for this because 2K backed out of college football a few years ago before the license was exclusive. This flaw wasn't in last year's game and I attribute it mainly to the new kicking system. Clearly they didn't test it properly and for some reason didn't fix it before the release. They deserve to be nailed on this issue but I don't think the exclusive deal in the college game is the reason why. They added many new features in the current gen this year so they didn't sit on their laurels although most of the new features I actually find annoying (jump the snap, momentum, kick return camera, kicking game). Its the fixes to the core gameplay that have me pleased the most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »