Home

Interesting transfers

This is a discussion on Interesting transfers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9
Interesting transfers

anyone have any good players transfer from big schools help them out in the dynasty. My roommate just started the season at UAB with Xavier Lee from FSU as his QB, and my other roomie also landed Kevin Grady from Michigan for his Buffalo squad. I also noticed play Iowa State that they got Cody Glenn from Nebraska, just curious if any of you have had surprising transfers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Interesting transfers

Wow, Grady leaving Michigan is a pretty big one.

I haven't had any come to my school, but I had my 93 overall QB who was a junior leave Penn State to go to Indiana. I had two QB's ahead of him (one 99 ovr and one 96 ovr) so he was never going to play a down unless there were some serious injuries so I let him leave. Currently he's sitting out this year, but I can't wait to face him next year - Indiana is scheduled to be playing in Happy Valley too!

The funny part is that he was the #1 QB in the country coming out of HS, but two other less-touted guys beat him out.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I've never had anybody transfer in but my school is pretty decent. Wake Forest is still at least a B team while non BCS schools might have a much better chance of that happening.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Last night I got a QB from Boston College in 2010 who is a JR at 88 OVR.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4

That is one thing that I don't like about the game. It seems like if you're a decent-to good team in a BCS conference, you can count on losing 1-2 players to transfer out but NEVER see anyone transfer in. I understand that there's gonna be some attrition out and that's fine, but even at the big schools you will occasionally get guys transferring in. If I finished 2nd to USC for a good QB, and then the computer recruits 4 guys over next year and he's buried on the depth chart, why wouldn't he think about moving elsewhere? That is one thing I'd love to see in the game, is more fluid movement of players. Maybe a guy who doesn't qualify as a high school senior shows up a year or 2 later as a juco player who is available to be recruited again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I had a TE transfer in from Iowa. He rode was #2 TE his junior and senior years. I run two TEs quite a bit, so he go plenty of playtime. My other TE was rated 99 overall, so he couldn't compete with him. My transfer's overall was around a 90 when he was a senior.

I had a real good backup scrambling QB that transferred away because he just couldn't get the play time. I wish I remember his name, he should be a junior sophomore now after sitting out a season. I'd like to keep up with his career, but I can't remember his name anymore. He was real good to use in scrambling situations.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

I got Trindon Holliday from LSU at the end of my first year of my created team. By the time he was eligible, though I was stacked at RB, so I moved him to WR because of his 99 spd and 78 hands. Yeah, he was basically a Reggie Bush for me because by his SR year, he had 99 spd and 95 ACC with 92 CTH and something like 87 AGI -- took several KR to the house and would have been my #1 returner, if my #3 WR didn't have 98 spd. (wanted to spare Holliday's health) Yeah, the 98 spd guy has won Returner of the year twice in a row now, his freshman and sophomore years.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #8
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I just noticed Henry Melton or whoever that huge back is from Texas was playing for ULL to

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »