Home

Overcoming Momentum

This is a discussion on Overcoming Momentum within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #33
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Overcoming Momentum

Ehh, that game you described sounded ridiculous. Big comebacks and blowouts seem to be the two types of games in NCAA '07. Has anyone seen many games where teams go back and forth trading scores and the game stays tight throughout?

Last night in my Auburn dynasty I hosted the Gaters. I was up 14-12 in a tense game early in the 3rd. I go down, get a FG, suddenly have +5 Mo and bam, its 17 unanswered for me, and the second string plays most of the 4th quarter in an 31-12 yawner.

Ofcourse now I am worried that if EA is reading these, they are interpreting this as a request for comeback code. I hate comeback code and have complained out it for years. Now it seems we have "Blow-out" code...oh the irony.

7 games into my season, 6 have been decided by 18 or more pts.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:13 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

In my Fresno State dynasty I had a game that ended with a 7-9 loss to Oregon. Probably the best game I've had. Well, that and the year 3 upset of Ohio State.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #35
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Most of my games on Heisman are 7 pt differences or less, but that's changing as my team gets better. I did beat Texas Tech one year in a bowl 13-10 which will go down as one of my best games ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2006, 03:27 PM   #36
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Ehh, that game you described sounded ridiculous. Big comebacks and blowouts seem to be the two types of games in NCAA '07. Has anyone seen many games where teams go back and forth trading scores and the game stays tight throughout?

Last night in my Auburn dynasty I hosted the Gaters. I was up 14-12 in a tense game early in the 3rd. I go down, get a FG, suddenly have +5 Mo and bam, its 17 unanswered for me, and the second string plays most of the 4th quarter in an 31-12 yawner.

Ofcourse now I am worried that if EA is reading these, they are interpreting this as a request for comeback code. I hate comeback code and have complained out it for years. Now it seems we have "Blow-out" code...oh the irony.

7 games into my season, 6 have been decided by 18 or more pts.
I have actually seen more games that go back and forth than blowouts. I beat Auburn in 2 OT in a game that was back and forth, I lost to Tennessee 27-24 in a game that was back and forth, I beat Georgia 14-10 in a defensive struggle, and beat FSU 42-28 in a game that was close until I scored late to put it away. The blowouts have been games I should blow out (Western Michigan, UCF, etc) and I got blown out in one game by South Carolina.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #37
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I've also seen a decent amount of back and forth games, but only games where there is absolutely no defense. I've had my fair share of 49-45 games in my dynasty. I think I've only had three games in 6+ years where both teams scored under 20 points. When I was winning titles with Penn State I had some classic games against Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State and Oklahoma State (who turned into a bigtime powerhouse in my dynasty) that went back and forth for most of the contest.

Unfortunately most of the back-and-forth games feature several scoring plays of over 40 yards and a majority of the drives consistent of less than 8 plays. Kinda annoying.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #38
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I've also seen a decent amount of back and forth games, but only games where there is absolutely no defense. I've had my fair share of 49-45 games in my dynasty.
Yeah, I was more thinking games that go back and forth but end up 27-20......you know, like uh.....I guess a typical college football game. Well I will keep playing. The game still does some many things well....Ofcourse 90% of those things where also in NCAA 2003, but that is another thread for another day.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I just took the disc out of the xbox. Was up 10-0 and let Hawaii tie it. They kick off and just like the last game I was playing, I fumble on the ensuing kickoff. I wasn't doing any special move or anything. I wasn't sprinting. I just fumbled. That may have been the last straw for the momentum in 07.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #40
Rookie

punchy7080's Arena

OVR: 1

for the most part, i think the game plays very well. you have to play smart or you will be punished, just like a REAL football game the momentum used to kill me as well, but i have learned how to manage it. like some other posters have said, you must sustain a drive and/or punt the ball away and make some plays on defense. if you get down 7-0 and the other team has +5, you can't panic and start flingin' the ball all over the place or you will lose 52-0!! just played a game as louisville at home to USF... i'm going down to take a 14-0 lead and probably put the game into cruise control... my SO RB fumbles on the 20 and USF recovers. i ended up throwing a 50 yard TD pass at the half to make it 27-14 USF (i was down 27-7 before that with under one minute to go). i slowly and methodically made a come back in the second half by playing smart and taking back the MO... won the game 42-33 and it was a blast!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »