Home

One Play, Many Ways to Attack!

This is a discussion on One Play, Many Ways to Attack! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
One Play, Many Ways to Attack!

Shotgun Spread PA Read Flow
Shotgun Double Flex PA Read

These are just two plays where the QB can handoff to the HB, run to the opposite side, run to the side of the HB and use him for a blocker, pass to the HB on a flare, or pass to the receiving corps. I have even had some success running the QB up the middle, when the pass rush is to the outside.

I like these plays, because you can react to the defense at the line of scrimmage without calling audibles, to take advantage of the biggest defensive weakness you can see.

What are some other good plays that can go left, right, up the middle, pass short, medium, or long all on the same snap?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: One Play, Many Ways to Attack!

Any PA read play from a SG formation can be used as a run or a pass. The cool thing about using them is that you can slide protect without messing up the blocking (for both the run and the pass). Not only that, but there isn't a pulling linemen which means you won't get tackled from the weakside of the play should you decide to give to the HB.

If you like these types of plays, check out Purdue's playbook. I forget the name of the formation (too lazy to look right now, sorry), but there's a twin TE sg formation with a PA read. You can motion one of the TE's back across the formation and hike the ball as he's coming across. He'll then act as a lead blocker, but you won't have the pull effect that you would normally have from say a zone read.

Your welcome
Old 09-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Lightbulb Shotguns' PA Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwill13
Any PA read play from a SG formation...you would normally have from say a zone read.

Your welcome
Uh...

Oh, yes. Thank you!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Power Spread

djwill13,

I just got a glimpse of one of your posts discussing running from the shotgun in an extensive, scholarly, analytical thread. Brilliant.

When I get more time, I will peruse the text for understanding, and undoubtedly incorporate several of your concepts into my gameplay.

Thank you.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Re: Power Spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOttoFan
djwill13,

I just got a glimpse of one of your posts discussing running from the shotgun in an extensive, scholarly, analytical thread. Brilliant.

When I get more time, I will peruse the text for understanding, and undoubtedly incorporate several of your concepts into my gameplay.

Thank you.
LoL, what can I say, I try lol. I'm easier found on vg though (just an fyi)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »