Home

Players who are better at other positions?

This is a discussion on Players who are better at other positions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Players who are better at other positions?

Who are the players (who are already in the game) that when you are doing a dynasty with them, you change their position.

There are a quite a few players out there who can play numerous positions, some even better fitted for the other side of the ball.

?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #2

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Players who are better at other positions?

Well Ive had weird experiences with this, when actually changing their position at the position change screen it wont show their rating change but when just changing them in the depth chart it will for some reason, ie. a MLB to ROLB ratings wont change when changing it the official way but when just starting them out of position it will show the change.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I didn't discover how successful you could be at doing this until four years into my dynasty so I didn't do it with many real players.

The only one who was a big success for me was Penn State WR Jason McDonald. I moved him before his JR (RS) season from WR to CB. He jumped 11 points to an 92 overall and was first-team All-Big Ten in his first season on defense. He got burned a little too often on PA plays and slant routes but he had a lot of INT's - aka his awareness sucked.

He actually tried to go pro after his JR season but I gave him a quick talk (5 recruiting points) and he came back. He was 2nd team All-America as a senior.

Pretty good for a kid who would have been my 4th WR.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Well Ive had weird experiences with this, when actually changing their position at the position change screen it wont show their rating change but when just changing them in the depth chart it will for some reason, ie. a MLB to ROLB ratings wont change when changing it the official way but when just starting them out of position it will show the change.
I had a MLB who was a 78 but on the depth chart would register an 80 or 82 at OLB. I thought of switching him permanently to OLB in the offseason but I figured there wasn't much point to it. I like the flexibility of playing him at either spot depending on the other LBs I had in the middle or outside.

I have had success moving WRs with good tackling skills to CB. I also like moving TEs to FB sometimes although I haven't done much of this in '07.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

What are the best position players to switch to get a decent SS? I have a senior that is rated at 88, but after he leaves, I am stuck with some pretty crappy guys or a true freshman. I'm thinking it might just be easier to move some back up over there. Thanks.

Ted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #6
Rookie

MSUDawg68's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedknick
What are the best position players to switch to get a decent SS? I have a senior that is rated at 88, but after he leaves, I am stuck with some pretty crappy guys or a true freshman. I'm thinking it might just be easier to move some back up over there. Thanks.

Ted
A smaller LB can become a decent SS, they just need a high awarness.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
Rookie

HB to LB

I wanted a fast linebacker, faster than 84-88 SPD. So I recruited a big HB 3** or 2** HB, 6' 2" 217, 92 SPD and redshirted him. The next year during position changes, I changed him to OLB. His AWR was horrible (it was bad as a recruit, it was worse now). During his freshman (redshirt) year, I used him at FB, HB, and even some WR, besides LB. He was not a starting LB so I used him flexibly to try to make all his ratings progress. He was a great utility player for two years, but not a great LB. As a junior, he broke into the starting lineup, and was a good LB. As a senior, he was a great LB, and won the Best LB award.

I have not done this again. His speed was wonderful, but his AWR and TAK were not. While his AWR progressed to the point where he could be one of the best LB in his SR year, his tackling never did become very high.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #8
Rookie

I play with Texas A&M and switched Jorvorskie Lane from RB to FB. His ratings went from low 60's I think to about low 80's.

He isn't a fullback for the Ags in real life, but his ratings at running back were too low and you can still utilize his size, etc. at the fullback position.

Just my $0.02.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »