Home

What position do you control?

This is a discussion on What position do you control? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What position do you control?

i play with the fs or ss, whoeva is in zone coverage... and i jus play the half...
due to that my safeties usually have the best stats on the team, tackles, deflections and ints...
i recruit them heavy because i need them to be fast and strong, basically the best players on my team...
i never play wit lineman cause i can never get a sack, only my linebackers can get sacks for some reason...
Old 09-22-2006, 01:01 AM   #18
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

I almost always control my MLB or LOLB. Nothing more satisfying then destroying a CPU running back or wideout and causing a fumble. Also, getting the occasional user INT with a linebacker is lots of fun. Occasionally I will control a safety in zone coverage.

In goaline situations I control a d-lineman, just not comfortable with a LB's responsibilities down there. Very rarely I will control a DT or DE when not in goaline, but I refuse to use JTS in these situations.

FG attempts I will control a D-linemen and try to JTS for a block.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:08 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

i run the 4-3 defense and play with my lowest rated linebacker. Your defense is only as good as it's weakest link, and i figure i can play better with his sorry 72 overall rated *** better than the cpu can.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOttoFan
Yes! I love the new JTS feature.
I hate the new JTS feature! Its far too easy on AA to run over CPU offensive lineman when using it. If you bump up the sliders to account for that, your CPU defensive lineman teammates won't sniff the QB. Furthermore, it just exposes the bad player interaction AI in that DL usually slide past OL when they beat them (in real life), they don't just run them over (in EA's games). They need to let us turn off this horrible feature next year and tweak it to make it more realistic. They need to implement an "average jump" which should occur the majority of the time and neither offense or defense gets an advantage.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:30 AM   #21
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

If I am in a full zone, I usually control a lineman. If I have a blitz on, I usually control one of the blitzers. If I am in a spy, I control the spy. If I am in man coverage, I control the guy matched up with the HB or FB that way I can focus on him to stop the run or get a shot at a sack if it is a pass and the back doesn't go out for a pass.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #22
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I hate the new JTS feature! Its far too easy on AA to run over CPU offensive lineman when using it. If you bump up the sliders to account for that, your CPU defensive lineman teammates won't sniff the QB. Furthermore, it just exposes the bad player interaction AI in that DL usually slide past OL when they beat them (in real life), they don't just run them over (in EA's games). They need to let us turn off this horrible feature next year and tweak it to make it more realistic. They need to implement an "average jump" which should occur the majority of the time and neither offense or defense gets an advantage.
Agreed. Leave the feature in for those who like it, but give the rest of us a way to turn it off.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #23
Rookie

Take the DE on the side that has no TE and walk him over a few steps to the outside before the snap. as soon as the ball is snapped, speed burst towards the QB (or RB if you sniff a run). I AVERAGE 2-3 sacks per game with that player.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:14 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

Almost always the MLB. Sometimes on long 3rd downs I'll take control of my weakside DE and rush

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »