Home

Momentum...not as bad as advertised?

This is a discussion on Momentum...not as bad as advertised? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Momentum...not as bad as advertised?

I played a game last night between S Car and Miss St.where I spent 3 quarters of the game on the wrong side of the momentum. It was tough but we stayed even at 14 apiece for nearly the full 3. Ironically he had thrown 3 ints to my 2 and I never got him under +3. I went on a 17 play drive to go up 21-14, held him 3 and out got the momentum and never looked back. I won 35-21 and while he did throw a couple late pick I never felt he was completly out of the game. First three quarters were a real struggle. I actually liked the Momentum. Example He wasnt playing particulally well but he was at home and so long as he was in the game he had the mo. And it felt like only after my long drive that I finnally broke his back. Not too unlike real life. (him or he being the cpu By the way).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #26
stewaat

OVR:

The problem is definitely more pronounced on Current Gen, I have both and have noticed much less fumbling on Next Gen.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #27
Rookie

I probably should have mentioned I'm on ps2. But to me momentum works like that. Maybe not bundles of ints and fumbles and N.D. Mich st isn't the only example. USC/Ark was a good game for a quarter the USC got rolling and goodnight. N.D> penn state pretty much same story. Then one week later N.D. Mich, early pick for six Mich rolls and I don't think there are that much better if at all than N.D. I know that fumbles,ints, and drops affect stats and do find that aggravating whether victim or not. I do think that the outcomes and final score of these games are good. I mean for every great USC/Texas game we see there are a dozen Neb/Fl 65-10 or UM/Neb 42-7 Fl/Fl st. blow out national championship games between fairly even teams. theres just only so many way a computer game can reflect it.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #28
Rookie

My biggest problem with it is that it only seems to help the computer. For example, in my dynasty with Southern Miss I got out to a 27-10 lead on Houston in the first QUARTER. I of course had all the momentum but that didn't matter. 2 INT's and 21 points later I was down 31-27, Houston had all the momentum and it ended up being a blow out because playing offense with the other team having all the momentum is nearly impossible, no matter who you are playing against or with. Momentum needs to be fixed or taken out all together because alot of times it just makes things unrealistic. INT's are still too easy for the CPU (DE's in zone coverage should not be picking off passes on slant routes and dig routes) as are big hits. I manage 2 or 3 a game but the computer gets that many a drive which leads to way too many fumbles as well.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan01
My biggest problem with it is that it only seems to help the computer.
I feel the opposite in that I think the human on current gen has a bigger advantage with the momentum. You can definately feel the effects both ways but I feel I can overcome the CPU's momentum more often than they overcome mine. Maybe its just even.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I feel the opposite in that I think the human on current gen has a bigger advantage with the momentum. You can definately feel the effects both ways but I feel I can overcome the CPU's momentum more often than they overcome mine. Maybe its just even.
I agree. When the CPU gets down, it can get really bad, particularly with the interceptions. I like to set the CPU run/pass slider to all run to avoid some of this. It seems to play a more realistic game that way.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #31
Rookie

Okay well I have one for you. The computer was driving down the field and gaining momentum. They got to about the 10 and they had +2 or +3 momentum. I managed to pick the ball off and I ran it all the way for a TD to take the lead 7 - 0. After scoring I had a +1 or +2 momentum. I kicked the extra point and it flip flops and now the comp has +5 momentum.

Has this happened to anyone else because this has happened to me at least 3 times with me being on the benefitting side of it once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #32
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by odell_2
Okay well I have one for you. The computer was driving down the field and gaining momentum. They got to about the 10 and they had +2 or +3 momentum. I managed to pick the ball off and I ran it all the way for a TD to take the lead 7 - 0. After scoring I had a +1 or +2 momentum. I kicked the extra point and it flip flops and now the comp has +5 momentum.
That sounds like a glitch. While that is bad, I think most of us are kind of annoyed that even when momentum is functioning as designed it is botched up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »