Home

Hope EA watched Alabama Arkansas

This is a discussion on Hope EA watched Alabama Arkansas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Hope EA watched Alabama Arkansas

Both kickers missed extra points and the Alabama kicker missed three field goals of 30, 33 and 37 yarders. He totally blew the game for them. Its amazing that a kicker can miss on four attempts in a game when EA's 2007 version would never allow that. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD KICK METER EA!! Your Tiger Woods approach to kicking stinks! Hope you don't try to implement this in MVP baseball instead of just keeping the good old timing meter. Its much better for providing difficulty to the user and the CPU missed field goals!

I still don't get how EA didn't recognize this problem during testing and didn't fix it (current gen).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Hope EA watched Alabama Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Both kickers missed extra points and the Alabama kicker missed three field goals of 30, 33 and 37 yarders. He totally blew the game for them. Its amazing that a kicker can miss on four attempts in a game when EA's 2007 version would never allow that. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD KICK METER EA!! Your Tiger Woods approach to kicking stinks! Hope you don't try to implement this in MVP baseball instead of just keeping the good old timing meter. Its much better for providing difficulty to the user and the CPU missed field goals!

I still don't get how EA didn't recognize this problem during testing and didn't fix it (current gen).
I was thinking the same thing while watching Alabama shank kick after kick. So many college games are decided by the kicking game, yet EA missed this.

The only area I feel that they compensated for this was fairly high amount of blocked FGs and XPs (360 exclusive). IMO, this really takes away from the realism of college football. Current Gen just flat out suffers in this area and I really like 07 on my XBox for the most part.

Basically, this method is way too easy to hit FGs consistently.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

305TillIDie's Arena

OVR: 3

that was a good game to watch..both kickers was under pressure and couldn't get the job done
Old 09-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

I never had a problem with the old kick meter -- it was realistic... sometimes I would mess up and miss a kick. People complained about it being too hard, but when I fired up practice mode, I got used to it on Heisman quickly.

I don't have a problem with the "Tiger Woods" style kicking, but it needs to be harder.

And the AI needs to miss FGs. Jeeze.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 17

I think kicking should be made a bit harder, especially in college where if you dont have a good kicker(which alot of teams dont) 30 yarders can be adventures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rad
I never had a problem with the old kick meter -- it was realistic... sometimes I would mess up and miss a kick. People complained about it being too hard, but when I fired up practice mode, I got used to it on Heisman quickly.

I don't have a problem with the "Tiger Woods" style kicking, but it needs to be harder.

And the AI needs to miss FGs. Jeeze.
I agree. If you were early/late in the accuracy range it would slice/hook and could be made difficult. It was too easy on AA last year for user control but pretty tough on Heisman. At least the slider for accuracy worked on AA last year. The CPU never missed kicks on Heisman though last year which is another reason I was surprised they didn't correct the error - they compounded it. I don't know if you can make the Tiger Woods like swing harder though. There was no point in changing it.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

if they made it realistic people would complain the CPU is cheating them b/c they missed an XP for a tie or win....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »