Home

Craziest Game ever

This is a discussion on Craziest Game ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Craziest Game ever

On the 360, season 1. Playmakers level 2 All Pro sliders.
I'm Notre Dame, 7-0, ranked #1 going to Anapolis to play Navy (7-0), which hasn't beaten ND since Staubach was there. Well - first play from scrimmage 80 yard swing pass. 7-0 shippies. I punt - 88 yard run on first play. 14-0. I get a 2 TD and 2 FG (which would haunt me I didn't cash them in - both off turnovers with good field position) 20-14. There score on a pass to little #7 who breaks three tackles, including Zbikowski, and scores from 70. 21-20 Navy.
More of the same in the second half, back and forth, long Navy plays galore - they eventually go up by 3 scores. Quinn, having a insane day (27-47 463 5 TDs) rallies the troops and cut the margin to 6. I onside kick, Navy recovers, tick, tick tick, time's a wastin'. They line up for a 45 yard FG to ice the game, 30 seconds left. I need a block, I need a block, I GET A BLOCK. Which Navy picks up and runs for the first down - NOOOOOOOOOOO - the clock keeps running - ballgame. I lose 51-45. Unreal game, I was exhausted when it ended. All other top 10 teams also have 1 loss too so I need to see what happens in the polls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Craziest Game ever

Something similar happened for my team (IRL) about 10 years ago, ASU was trailing our rivals ua with only a few minutes left and forced a punt attempt. ASU sends the house and blocks the punt...only to see it bounce back towards the line of scrimmage, where their punter snags it and runs for a 1st down, effectively ending the game. Absolutely horrific. Football's a funny sport sometimes, I feel for ya.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »