Home

WTF is up with the fumbles this year?

This is a discussion on WTF is up with the fumbles this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
WTF is up with the fumbles this year?

This is something I dont understand. Today I started a new dynasty with Miss State and was playing SC in the season opener. They kicked off and I started to return the ball. SC defender hit me from behind and I fumbled the ball. It wasnt a hard hit or anything, just normal tackle. They score and kick back off to me again, upon which I fumble the ball AGAIN! I wasnt spinning, juking, highlight sticking or anything. Course they score again and kick the ball off again. This time I didnt fumble thank goodness.

About 5 plays into the drive I hit my WR who was wide open and had nothing but daylight infront of him. SC DB comes out of nowhere and catches my WR after about 50 yrds...tackles him from behind...and you guessed it, good ole fumble again.

After 8 fumbles in just the first half I was beyond pist off. Even when I can get an INT and start running it back, I fumble the damn ball. Actually Ive had many occassions where there are multiple turnovers on the same play. I just dont get it.

This happens to me and my friends in madden too. Any suggestions on sliders to tone it down? We havent found any that seem to work, but this is getting ridiculous. Anyone else having the same issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WTF is up with the fumbles this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
This is something I dont understand. Today I started a new dynasty with Miss State and was playing SC in the season opener. They kicked off and I started to return the ball. SC defender hit me from behind and I fumbled the ball. It wasnt a hard hit or anything, just normal tackle. They score and kick back off to me again, upon which I fumble the ball AGAIN! I wasnt spinning, juking, highlight sticking or anything. Course they score again and kick the ball off again. This time I didnt fumble thank goodness.

About 5 plays into the drive I hit my WR who was wide open and had nothing but daylight infront of him. SC DB comes out of nowhere and catches my WR after about 50 yrds...tackles him from behind...and you guessed it, good ole fumble again.

After 8 fumbles in just the first half I was beyond pist off. Even when I can get an INT and start running it back, I fumble the damn ball. Actually Ive had many occassions where there are multiple turnovers on the same play. I just dont get it.

This happens to me and my friends in madden too. Any suggestions on sliders to tone it down? We havent found any that seem to work, but this is getting ridiculous. Anyone else having the same issues?

I turned impact cam off and lowered the CPU tackle to 40. Also I push up on the right analog when Im about to get tackled so my runner will put both hands on the ball. Fumbles are like 150% less now (playin on heisman). U still gotta be careful when the CPU has +4 or +5 momentum. If that is the case run out of bounds or dive before u get hit.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #3
Rookie

frago's Arena

Dont see this at all in my game (360).
A few too many INT's but definately not fumbles.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I think this is one of the reasons I dont play the game much on my own anymore. That and I dont really have time since I started college.

I posted a thread about the game in which I had 9 turnovers(6 lost fumbles with one more that managed to go out of bounds and 3 INT)
Old 09-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frago
Dont see this at all in my game (360).
A few too many INT's but definately not fumbles.
this is only a problem on current gen. Its mostly due to momentum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2006, 01:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

I really hate the strip ball animation when the CPU gets both hands around the ball, it's almost guaranteed to come out no matter if you are "protecting" the ball or not.

Someone suggested turning off "campus challenge", not sure if that really does anything.

It's funny, INTs need to be fixed for next gen, Fumbles for current gen. Good 'ol EA.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom_23
I really hate the strip ball animation when the CPU gets both hands around the ball, it's almost guaranteed to come out no matter if you are "protecting" the ball or not.

Someone suggested turning off "campus challenge", not sure if that really does anything.
I can tell you for PS2, that does not fix it. I have seen that happen to my full compusured, redshirt junior running back while pushing the ball protect button at least 5 times this season and I have campus challenge off.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Yes, I have had the same issues. As someone else mentioned, Momentum also plays a part.

One thing that people have had success with is playing on varsity and helping the CPU out with the sliders. Some guys are too good here for that, but I am lucky in that I suck, and can find a decent challenge there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »