Home

How do you combat the GREAT JUMP move by the CPU?

This is a discussion on How do you combat the GREAT JUMP move by the CPU? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6
How do you combat the GREAT JUMP move by the CPU?

My friend let me borrow 07 a few weeks ago and I've been playing it hard for since I got it. One thing that has driven me crazy is that when the CPU all or a sudden starts to use the jump the snap feature a little too much.

Most times when the CPU is down they start to get Great Jumps time and time again, stuffing any kind of counter attack I may have.

I've tried changing my snap count, formations and even doing the fake snap and still I can't seem to shake it.

I mean I know I don't expect the to stop the CPU all the way in regards of jumping the snap, but after about 6 straight Great Jumps, it can get a little frustrating.

Any ideas are welcome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2006, 07:25 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: How do you combat the GREAT JUMP move by the CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangum
I've tried changing my snap count, formations and even doing the fake snap and still I can't seem to shake it.
Just keep chaning your snap count and fake snapping. Not much else you can do. I don't mind it on AA but on Heisman, the CPU will abuse it and you just have to bend over and take it (PS2).
Old 10-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangum
My friend let me borrow 07 a few weeks ago and I've been playing it hard for since I got it. One thing that has driven me crazy is that when the CPU all or a sudden starts to use the jump the snap feature a little too much.

Most times when the CPU is down they start to get Great Jumps time and time again, stuffing any kind of counter attack I may have.

I mean I know I don't expect the to stop the CPU all the way in regards of jumping the snap, but after about 6 straight Great Jumps, it can get a little frustrating.

Any ideas are welcome
what system?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Shotgun quick passes to TEs, RBs, or WR's work.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

There is nothing you can do. I just bitch and complain and feel a little better. I agree JTS is messed. I can use the same snap count all game and then mix it up late in the game and the CPU still gets a great jump.

JTS, Momentum, the CPU FG kickers, the kick meter and fumbles are simply things EA botched. NCAA is a great series, but EA definately choked on the QA aspect of this.....or simply didn't care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Either call more passes with dump off routes to the back, or call more passes with running backs assigned to block and short routes so you can get rid of the ball quickly. There is no other way to defend it. The CPU is very psychic when it comes to snapcount.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
JTS, Momentum, the CPU FG kickers, the kick meter and fumbles are simply things EA botched. NCAA is a great series, but EA definately choked on the QA aspect of this.....or simply didn't care.
That's the thing that ticks me off about the game (PS2 version which I do love even though these things annoy me). For me, pretty much every gameplay complaint I had last year got fixed in '07. Then they throw in these new features like jump the snap and new kicking system which are completely flawed. Momentum is a bit overdone but why not give us the option to turn it off like HFA? How about a fumble slider? So many annoying things could be fixed SO easily with the option to turn them off or a slider.

The QA aspect has gone down the tubes and it will only get worse. Allowing people to release patches like MS has done for the 360 is a terrible precedent. That's what I liked about consoles over PC - no need to constantly patch things or upgrade things. By allowing companies to rush products out the door with bugs/problems and then just patching them when people start complaining is brutal. It lets EA use the consumer as their free beta tester and devalues the console imo.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Rudy, I agree 100%.

I have high hopes for '08, but will be very cautious with my optimism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »