Home

Finally, some info from EA on alternate uni's.

This is a discussion on Finally, some info from EA on alternate uni's. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Finally, some info from EA on alternate uni's.

http://www.maddennation.com/forums/s...656#post839656

Quote:
MN: What can you tell us about alternate uniforms in terms of how many each team has, do all of the teams in NCAA have them, etc?

TG: To give you a bit of background, as you know with next gen consoles all of the content is created from scratch. The reason we didn't include the alternate uniforms in the base product is because they weren't ready in time to put in the packaged goods. That's kind of the real benefit in my mind that the downloadable content allows us to continue the development pipeline past the point in July or August where the product is shipped and is on store shelves.

Every year with the game team we ship out NCAA Football and Madden and then those guys take a couple of weeks off and get right back at it and start doing pre-production and start building the next year's version of the games. The downside of that is there's really no new content available for anybody until the following calendar year. With digital distribution and downloadable content that all changes and we're now able to get some resources from the production team to continue to create content and be able to provide things that ordinarily wouldn't be available in the game as it stands.

Getting back to your question though, for NCAA not every team has alternate uniforms available. We've got about five bundles with approximately fifteen to twenty uniforms available when we get these pushed out to market place. And for Madden the team is finalizing one alternate uniform for every team in Madden and we're looking at doing some more potentially down the road. We're still working out the details in terms of specific bundling and how that's going to be priced. I know that's been a sensitive issue and we've evaluating the pricing and we understand that the real value is for stuff that's new and exclusive and if it's stuff that's already been out there in the past that it isn't as valuable. We understand that and we're going to lock down those details and hope to have those alternate uniforms published soon.

MN: So for NCAA, the uniforms will be bundled where you'll have these 15-20 teams together. Will that be done by conference? How will that be set up?

TG: Yeah, it will be done roughly by conference. Again we haven't finalized that 100%. We don't have it structured exactly where it's five teams for the Big 10, five for the Big 12, etc. We have to do some creative bundling in terms of putting teams together from difference conferences and such because we don't have every team created. But roughly yes, we'll have bundles for NCAA with roughly 15-20 teams or 15-20 alternate uniforms in each bundle. Some teams have a couple of alternate uniforms and some teams just have one.
MN: As far as getting all of this rolled out, will we get the alternate uniforms all at once or is it more of a situation where you'll release a bundle periodically?

TG: All of the stuff we've got so far in the pipeline we want to launch soon because the anticipation is so high. We want to get that out as soon as possible. We will most likely launch all of the alternate uniforms that we've created to date in the next couple of weeks, but we will continue developing stadiums. There are three more stadiums the team is working on right now that will be available later in the year and there is also the possibility for additional alternate uniforms to be created. In the NCAA, a lot of teams don't even reveal their alternate uniforms until the beginning of the year, so those kind of things can allow for more possibilities down the line. So we're looking out there to see what we can create for schools who have uniforms that are new this year and those could be launched later in the fall as well as additional uniforms for Madden.

Last edited by coogrfan; 10-04-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Finally, some info from EA on alternate uni's.

Sweet!

Good lookin, Coug.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
The reason we didn't include the alternate uniforms in the base product is because they weren't ready in time to put in the packaged goods. That's kind of the real benefit in my mind that the downloadable content allows us to continue the development pipeline past the point in July or August where the product is shipped and is on store shelves.

If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Yeah, golly gee shucks, we didn't have time for those fancy alternate uni's, so we'll just have to have 'em out to you later......for the low low price of 400 points!

Old 10-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic

If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Yeah, golly gee shucks, we didn't have time for those fancy alternate uni's, so we'll just have to have 'em out to you later......for the low low price of 400 points!
That depends on how they are defining alternate uni's. If EA is using that term as a catch-all to describe both alternates and new uniforms that were unveiled too late to be included in the game (for example, Oregon's most recent abominations), then I'm cool with this.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

for those of us non-360'ers, how much time/money does 400 points equate to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
for those of us non-360'ers, how much time/money does 400 points equate to?
I'm told 1600 pts cost $20, so that means 400 pts = $5.00
Old 10-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe we can get an explanation now why they removed some of the alternate jerseys from the PS2 version.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

This guy just spilled the beans on why we don't get quality results from EA year to year. Let me explain.. It bothers me that the guy states that the devs take a couple weeks off then get hard at it again. Then he goes on to state that new content isn't available until the new calendar year. HMMMM, a couple weeks off is not 12-16 weeks off to me. I don't care how many hours a week you're putting in, no body deserves 12+ weeks off to rest. Futhermore, if they took 2 weeks off to get ready for "marketplace content", it wouldn't take them more than 2 weeks to know their package strategy. Using this knowledge I expect the uni's in January.

My suggestion is.... Give up on it now and if anyone of you pay a single dime for this disgrace, I will come to your houses and give you personalized stupid people awards!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »