Home

Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #25
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

1. Get rid of post play animations. Nothing is worse then trying to do the two minute drill, and an animations kicks in that you can't skip with the clock still running. Who cares about seeing the WR get patted on the head after a drop, or the same fans we saw last year cheering.

2. Ability to hot route when it's loud. NEVER have I seen a WR come towards the QB trying to hear what he is saying. There are hand signals for this. The o line are the only people that the QB should actually have to talk to.

3. Sim to end feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #26
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
1. Get rid of post play animations. Nothing is worse then trying to do the two minute drill, and an animations kicks in that you can't skip with the clock still running. Who cares about seeing the WR get patted on the head after a drop, or the same fans we saw last year cheering.

2. Ability to hot route when it's loud. NEVER have I seen a WR come towards the QB trying to hear what he is saying. There are hand signals for this. The o line are the only people that the QB should actually have to talk to.

3. Sim to end feature.
Agree with all 3 wholeheartidly.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

In addition to sliders for fumbles, fatigue and injuries, they should add a slider for special team blocking. I average less than 5 yards a punt return and barely do anything on kick returns either. The camera doesn't help but the CPU sucks at kick returns too so that slider could help both sides.

Also, impact players should not have super endurance. They simply don't fatigue at RB and rarely come out of the game. This should be fixed.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #28
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

1. stadium expansion in dynasty mode
2. be able to create your own conferences before starting dynasty mode
example...
replace Vanderbilt (SEC) with Clemson (ACC).
easy programming, treat it just like the conference invite in dynasty mode.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here are my contributions, although I doubt EA will ever do this.

Have the dynasty mode more interactive with coaches. It would be cool to hire position coaches and coordinators who have their own stats (recruiting, teaching the position/offense/defense). A coach should be able to assemble his own staff by coach prestige of the coach or assistants.

Include into this a familiarity stat with recruits and players. When recruiting a player you could see the type of offense or defense he played in high school. If you get an option QB for a passing offense, his overall may be lower, due to his knowledge of the offense. If a player is good, he will pick it up quicker, and if you and you position coach (in this case, QB or OC) are good at teaching he will also pick up the offense sooner.

This is extremely far fetched, even for next-gen, but I think it will add some excitement to a dynasty mode.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #30
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

please change the spring game.

It was a great idea, but the AI logic in the game is terrible.
If the 2nd team (CPU) has the lead with 3 minutes left in the half, the QB just sits under center and lets the play clock go all the way down before finally snapping the ball. It uses the same logic as if it was a real game. This needs to be changed. It makes the spring game almost stupid to play.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:04 AM   #31
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

There needs to be a 'poison' button. Nothing is worse in this game than letting a punt bounce, and a CPU players trying to go and pick it up, causing a fumble.

If I call a fair catch at the 1 and let it bounce, I don't want my blocker automatically trying to catch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #32
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

They need more options in practice mode. I want to be able to pick a random play, but maybe have them all be pass plays. Madden has this option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »