Home

Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

I'm going to start off with some complaints that are easily fixable for next year. The major wish for current gen owners will probably be that they make the game next year! Personally, I think we should probably forget even asking for gang tackling, new player blocking engine, in-game saves or any major upgrade since 08 (if made) would probably just tweak the current engine.
  1. Give us options to turn features off! Jump the snap, momentum, the new kick return camera all need options to turn them off for those that don't like them.
  2. Go back to the old kicking system. The right analog stick method doesn't work. Kicks in the middle of the field are 100%. Furthermore the CPU never misses kicks! Inexcusable. Go back to the old pitch meter slider and MAKE SURE THE CPU MISSES KICKS!! This includes ALL levels and a slider for accuracy that actually works!
  3. Fumble slider. There are too many fumbles in the game, particularly in rainy weather. You have an INT slider and this is an easy and logical addition.
  4. Give us a playoff option or a plus 1 playoff option that goes with the bowl games for those that want this. I kind of like the controversy of the BCS but if the NCAA will let you I'm sure many would love this.
Just to elaborate on some complaints. Jump the snap is too easy. You need to add a medium element or average jump which should happen the majority of the time rather than a feast or famine play.

Momentum is probably too effective. Give us the option of setting the maximum advantage. Let us make it +10 if desired or as little as a 0 or +1. This shouldn't be that hard to implement either. It would be a mini-momentum slider.

The new kick return camera wouldn't be so annoying for some of us if you just gave us more peripheral vision. At least let us turn it off.

I will end this by saying I love the core gameplay on current gen. The presentation is really good and all of my major concerns from last year were solved. Sometimes its too easy to bounce inside runs to the outside but with the sliders we have, I really don't have any significant complaints other than with the new features/options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

A customizable playoff option of either 4, 8, 16, or even 32 teams would be a nice farewell to this generation.

Even if they just added that and didn't change ANYTHING else, I'd be content.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

I would like to see them take HFA a little bit further and have a student section which would be a tad bit louder and little more distracting. This would be crucial when selecting what end of the field you want to take, especially in OT.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I've been asking for it for years... we need in-game saves!

additional...

more control with edit player options: ability to change YEAR, ability to have more than one player with same number.

Last edited by nxt; 10-05-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah that kickoff camera sucks...you will think you have a TD and some guy will come out of nowhere to tackle you....

All I want for next year is what I've wanted every year. The ability to save your team. Say you built your school up and you wanted to see how they would do vs someone else online or even settle a dispute of who's the best team your school has. Just let them play each other and find out.

You can do that in FIFA06.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

I echo everything Rudyjuly said but I will also add:

- Recruiting on current gen (if it will still be made) needs some work, far too easy, especially in-season recruiting, a 1 star prestige school should almost never be able to sign a 4 star recruit

- PLEASE give us an in game save feature

- O-line AI must get better at some point, right?

- CPU controlled defensive backs AI could be alot better

- Impact O-line players

- Option to make spring game longer

- Medical redshirt option (player plays less than 8 quarters and gets hurt, you may redshirt him)
Old 10-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

I know this wont be popular but I do wish it so I will say it. I wish that in '08 EA would only make this game for new platforms and abandone the ps2 and xbox. That way they can put more resources to the new one.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I know this wont be popular but I do wish it so I will say it. I wish that in '08 EA would only make this game for new platforms and abandone the ps2 and xbox. That way they can put more resources to the new one.
Key word is "can" put more resources. Do you think they actually would?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »