Home

How do you read the defense when your passing?

This is a discussion on How do you read the defense when your passing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you read the defense when passing?
Look at the LB's and S's 46 65.71%
Look at my QB while dropping back, then look downfield 6 8.57%
Look at my WR's running their routes 15 21.43%
Other 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: How do you read the defense when your passing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce

hardest part for me is remembering what freaking button should go with what. most my picks come from me forgetting what button my post route is when I see the LBs head for the flats.
Haha, the worst is when you have an RB in the flat to the left and his icon is the R button. I always press the L button like 10 times and start swearing at my Xbox because my QB isn't throwing the ball.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Haha, the worst is when you have an RB in the flat to the left and his icon is the R button. I always press the L button like 10 times and start swearing at my Xbox because my QB isn't throwing the ball.
I hear ya but the real WORST is when you push the button that throws it over the middle and you didn't mean it. That is a MLB INT 99% of the time even with INTs at 0.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

yea it's hell when you have a man wide open and say his icon is Y, and for some reason you press A and bam you got yourself an INT. If my controller wasn't such a thing of beauty I swear it would be hitting off my wall when that happens.

Back on topic, I read the defense and make my throws pretty much the same way you do, ehh. although when all hell breaks loose i just panic and throw to whoever has gotten ahead of their man, no matter where on the field. cause of like 70-80% of my picks I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll be redundant and say "same as you guys." But when I get to the line I use alot of motion and check coverage that way. I call a hot route slant about 75% of the time. Thats my out for the all out blitz. I just watch the safeties usually. If they split cover 2, hit the medium range route over the middle or in between the safety and corner. If one drifts to the middle cover three, i like to hit the hitches and drags then. It is in slow motion when you throw one right at that ****ing LB!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #13
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

i look at the coverage pre-snap; find out if they d is in man or zone (ea should change this, the corners should not be switching sides of the field). if they are in man and the safeties aren't up, i'm taking what they give me- outs, curls, etc. if they safeties are up, i'm going up top. if they are in zone, i usually check down to the backs in the flats or audible and run the ball- i don't like passing vs zones.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #14
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

pre-snap recognition is key...i slow play games, so i go up to the line, check my backs, look over wr's routes and corresponding buttons, and read last second movements by the defense...if you are prepared before the snap, it is a lot easier to make your reads and, if all else fails, never be afraid to dump the ball to backs or take a sack...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »