Home

Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360)

1. When it comes to recruiting make it more realistic.-For example players that we recruit inseason should be able to take more officials and also most recruits like to wait until national signing day so the in seaon recruits that we recruit don't always have to chose in season.

2. Let us be able to edit coaches like we can edit the rosters so when we do our dynastie we don't have to keep inputting names.

3. Expand the ability to edit players especially during dynasty.

4. Also add assitant coaches or coordinators to the game.

5. Also recruiting points should betermind by the school you are at if you are at a powerhouse school you shoul have more point then central michigan to use

6. Also with recruiting we should be able to recuit players as early as there freshmen year in high school and we should you different methods when recruiting them like sending a text message, inviting for unofficils, and going to vist the players, or a simple phone call and we should send our coordinators out to do these task. For reference Check out College hoops 2k and how there recruting format is.

7. We ask for this every year you guys say you want to create the most realistic game and that means adding an 85 man roster.

8. Life like intros- For example michigan running and hitting the go blue banner.

Last edited by hawkpride04; 10-07-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Hmmm some kind of expansion of the audible system for O and D. Need more plays.

The cut scene before plays. It was nice in theory, but is really an annoyance in online games when you are trying to set up your defense. So I would like to have the ability to not watch it on my end. If the other guy wants to then fine, but if I don't want to on the defensive side, I would like to be able to get on with what I want to do defensively.

Some form of defensive playmaker. Easy and quick to set up style defensive playmaker.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #11
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

1. Fix the Jump the Snap feature. There's no reason why lousy defenses should sack me 15 times and stuff half my runs behind the line.

2. Need better intros. So much of the pageantry is lost now.

3. Give us a better understanding of where we are with an in-season recruit before recruiting starts.

4. I say it every year. 85 man rosters

5. Bring back dynamic attendance

6. Fix the commentary bugs. I frequently hear the announcers say that the defender caught the pass and was tackled by the offensive player

7. CPU names needs to show up in game when rosters are edited. I want to know who they're running against me.

8. Bring back user editable formation subs. I'm tired of having the wrong guys playing kick coverage.

9. Give us a better way to see a summary of injured players, maybe by conference.

10. Make it more noticable when a player is hurt. Frequently, I skip the cutscene without ever realizing that someone is down.

11. Don't bring back the discipline/academic suspension stuff! It wasn't realistic in past years when players who were academic all-americans got suspended for skipping class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #12
Rookie

flgataz108's Arena

OVR: 0

Bring back the ability to create prospects. i always liked creating some of the top 100 recruits from real life. adds so much realism a few years into your dynasty.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #13
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Watching the games yesterday, I remembered another.... They really need to do the starting lineups during each team's first possession. Games on ESPN have that nice graphic where they get all 11 players names, hometown, position and year up at the same time. Then they'll highlight a player or group and their tab with turn white and slide out. This should be done even if we are "technically" suing HB#39.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 10-08-2006, 11:53 AM   #14
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

These are all very good.

I have just a few to add (not sure if they have been posted yet, as I just scanned this thread):
-Editable equipment: no reason to leave the USC QB wearing receiver gloves....
-Various camera angles (like PS2)
-Louder bands: you really cant even notice them. I guess this would fall into the overall "college atmosphere" category, which seemed to be diminished on the move to 360.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #15
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I would like to see the following added/enhanced for NCAA 2008:

1) Collision detection - this is a key for realism for a football title (obviously) and needs to be improved - i.e. sack animations, tackling, the drag the ballcarrier down from 6 yds away animation, etc. Also, the spin move and spin in place has to go and so does the running in place on a crossing route.

2) Atmosphere - I liked the SmartFan creation and Gator Chomp, as well as some other team specifics for '07. I think the bands need to be louder, the student sections crazier. I want it to feel and sound like I have my TV on during the ESPN night game or College GameDay. With that said, I want to hear cowbells rattling in the stands, fans waiving towels, tigers growling, lions roaring, the bands playing team specific songs cranking away after big plays, the fans going crazy on a crucial 3rd down and short, etc. However, I don't want the Madden fans where they jump around all game like they just sucked down 7 Red Bulls. Further, certain team specific entrances would be a nice touch that we saw in the past. Lastly, playing at Duke should not sound like I am in the Swamp.

3) Control responsiveness - Self-explanatory, but if I want to make an attempt to swat the ball, I would like to see it happen. It doesn't have to always be effective, but at least allow the DB to make a play on the ball. The same goes for juke moves, but these are better responsive than the swat ball animations.

4) Penalties - First, there needs to be a facemask penalty. The slider is there, but I have yet to see it in over 50 games. Also, add some personal fouls for later hits or helmet-to-helmet. Please reduce the amount of offsides and false starts with the Jump the Snap feature. JTS needs to be toned down a bit. It's not as wild as the XBox version, but just scale it back a tad.

5) Animations - this is wide topic, but I would like to see improvements in the following.
a) QB running animations - QBs run or move very awkwardly when trying to run past the LOS and 10 yds downfield.
b) Tackling - This category could have infinite possibilities, but I'll focus on a few. Tackling from behind should include tripping a player up, shoe string tackles, big hit collisions with the ballcarrier breaking away because there was no wrap up tackle. In addition, more pull down tackles during short yardage fighting.
c) Catching - just make some more animations that are fluid. Some one-handers (occassionally) would be nice too.
d) Gang tackling or even pile on the top tackling. This would be really nice if possible.
e) Juking - I would like to see the stop and start juking I see from some of the more agile players like Ted Ginn, Garrett Wolfe, Steve Breaston, Percy Harvin, Jackson from Cal. It almost looks like the player is bouncing around and stuttering stepping in place. Get this mo-capped and make it feel like I'm controlling the juking and bouncing.

6) The option game - Now that so many teams run a version of the Shotgun Spread Option to some degree, this area needs an upgrade. We are too limited with WR options, hand-offs, jet sweeps, reverses, and misdirections. I know EA has an employee who is a big Florida Gator fan, so this should require little research. I would like the ability to motion a receiver to anyone into the backfield at anytime for read plays and options. Also, I would like to bring a WR in motion and time up the hand-off when crossing the QB for a "jet sweep". I think adding some misdirections and reverses off the shotgun option would add to the feel of the college game. The current gen has a more fine tuned option game as of now, but I see this area blowing up next year. This enhancement would also add some fun to the game as well. The key is to make it feel fluid because this year's options game on 360 just feels off because the motioning and angles seem off.

7) No huddle/Time management/Walk up animations - It is not possible to make a 20 yard play and get off the next play in 2 seconds - EVER. I like the QB walk up, but I'd like to see a couple different angles or not see it in a cutscene every time.

8) Camera angles - at least give us 3 options to work with...please.

9) DB awareness - just don't make them look clueless half of the time as they did in '07. Have them make bad reads or slip and fall on a well executed double-move from the WR.

10) Formation specific packages - someone explained earlier.

11) Equipment editing - someone explained earlier.

12) Too many INTs thrown by the CPU - I think they just throw into coverage too often and more frequently to end the half and last 2 minutes of the game.

13) Goal line and short yardage blocking and pursuit - have the players get low and push.

14) Defensive playmaker and the ability to double any given WR or TE. Also, I would like the option to spy the QB with any player.

15) Presentation - some good comments have already been suggested, but I would also like to see more detailed stat overlay and comparisons throughout the game. Make it resemble TV presentation for ESPN games.

16) Weather - The look of the rain really needs to be improved and I would also like to see players slip and fall sometimes because of weather. And if it does rain, don't have it always rain for the whole game.

17) Alternate uniforms - If we have to pay or not, please make them available within a week of the release date. The deployment of these, or lack there of, was lackluster this year.

18) Playbooks - Very important area here. First, there needs to be more variety in screen plays. Please add bubble screens, tunnels, slips and middle screens. Current Gen did a nice job of implementing these in 07, so it should be easy to draw up for the 360. Allow for players to make plays in open space. Next, add some "trickeration". Pass back to the QB plays, flea flickers, double reverses, reverse options with pass option, fake reverses. College football is full of these plays this year. At least once or twice a game one team looks to mix it up with one of these. Last, give us the ability to create our own playbook as we can in current gen.

19) Smart routes - same as found in the current gen would be great for those 3rd and 9 to go and the play is designed for a 7 yd out route. Very irritating if we don't have this option.

20) Kicking - I want to see missed PATs and FGs. I think I have see at least 10 PATs this year and at least 20 missed FGs on Saturdays

Overall, there were a lot of positives for 2007. This list is not to criticize, but to provide suggestions on some areas you may already be working on. I love college football and playing VG NCAA football. I feel the hardware is now here for possibilities and "wishlists" to be put into the final product going forward.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 10-08-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #16
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Trick plays.
But we all live in denial

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »