Home

Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoslaw77
I need to change something. There is no way that ratings could be listed as - Jevan Snead, OVR = 70/78. Fans would flip. All the Texas fans would be so mad, and they'd complain that they can't change the rating or that ratings are crap.

Also, walkons would be cut if their ratings said 20/22. Coaches don't know the potential. You'd have to coach the 20 kid, and hope he's a 20/85.

Or maybe the ratins would show 1/2/3/4/5 stars, then you scout and you get something like "30-50" or "65-70" and the rating falls in their. You could scout again to get potential and get "65-70/68-90" - something like that.

Either you'd have to make them editable, or you'd have to hide them. They'd be in the system, just not displayed. Any thoughts?
I like that idea. I also like the idea of deflating the player ratings. They've become so inflated recently that there are a TON of 90+ players, a ton of 80+, etc.. If you think about it, a top 25 team may have 1 or 2 1st round draft picks (at the most) starting at any one time. USC last year had two - Bush and Leinart. I think the very best teams should have a handful of 90+ players. Most "good" teams, one or two. Maybe 40 or so 90+ players in all of college football. I think "most" starters on "most" good teams should be 70s. Most starters on average teams should be 60s. Bad teams should be 50s.

Hidden potential ratings and an element of uncertainty would just add to that.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2006, 10:25 PM   #66
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Catches:
Definitly need to be worked on, there needs to be animations were I jump up and make a absolutely crazy catch. Yes most of the time the catches in college are with 2 hands..but you have guys like Jarret who can pull the ball down with one hand and make a great catch..we need that in ncaa 08. I wanna be playing against a buddy and make a game winning one handed grab and have both of us stunned.

Refs: put them back on the field and make them part of the game, i want to be able to hit the ref if i am running down the middle..its realistic, it happens.

Emotion:
How about some damn emotion??? after a great game i wanna see my players go absolutely crazy. Not just the gatorade over the coach, we need dog piles and people just going wild..ESPECIALLY when they win bowl games. I obsolutely hate winning a bowl game and seeing nothing at all..Makes you feel like you didnt do anything.

-We need to the option to pick weather and uniforms, something thats very little but we should easily have ( see 2k)

Animation:
I believe there should be 2 animations to every animation...Confusing? Well yes but what do you think when your QB gets spun around to the ground. I believe there should be that animations (obiously) and than have a animation were he breaks out of the spin.

Last edited by Kevin26385; 11-26-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

I whant good D
And I whant Online game Player At Night bs Diff Weather instead of sunny all the Time.
And i whant it to feel like im at a college game. Ea College Atmo Sucks.
And Some New Line From The Announcers sick of hearing the same stuff over and over and over and over cause they wont record and new lines....

Last edited by Chad44; 11-26-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #68
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Another one:

-- The number of times a Coach changes jobs should effect his offers down the road. If I jump ship every year to the next best job, that should effect the teams looking at me.

-- How about something where teams looking for coaches need to ask your University for permission to talk to you if you're under contract. Maybe they can deny it. Maybe they can offer you a better deal (ala Brian Kelly this week).

-- How about conditions in Coach's contracts that allow you to talk to certain other schools even if you have a contract.

-- Coaching history should effect job offers. Coaches should have a History. maybe they started as a Assistant at UCLA... now they're the HC at North Texas... when the HC job comes up at UCLA, you should have the inside track.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 11-28-2006, 07:50 PM   #69
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Good ideas clay

My next idea is EA please make ESPN very well known in this product, have the guys at the booth again outside of stadiums with crazy fans..With the graphics of the 360 that would look awesome to see the guys talking about the matchup and cheerleaders fly around in the back.

Also ESPN needs to be there in halftime, copy 2k and do halftime highlites..It makes the game so much more enjoyable and a game will never get old because you can watch your highlites.

If ESPN is implemented like 2k did with espn nfl 2k5..i would literally be extatic, its something that would make the game amazing.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is my first part of request i willad the rest tommorow.

Gameplay Wishlist
Momentum needs to be fix it should gradually increase not increase every play.

We want gang tackling, harder tackles, two part tackles, for example a rb gets hit once and is falling then a defender should come and punish him just to make sure he isn’t going to keep going.

More injury animations. Serious injuries players should be carted off and helped off by the teammates. Better and more catching animation, players diving for catches out of nowhere, one handed snags, the Calvin Johnson reach behind him turn his body parallel to the ground catch etc. But the thing is only receivers with a certain catch rating can do these.

Precission Passing. Like to lead the receiver or throw behind him or make the past short.
More trick plays where were they this year we need these next year.

Bring back the QB formation Sub package. Also put the package subs in the game I hate having my starters on kick off coverage its cool for 1 or 2 but my whole secondary.

Correct Uniforms- Where are the long blue socks that Michigan wear this has been going on for years I know u guys can get the uniforms right.

OL shifts/Slide Protection we need this in the game

More zone blitz packages and QB spys, and also what about zone blocking most teams are starting to use this.

Player tendencies- Like Qbs tendency to scramble or stay in the pocket longer and etc.

Bring player postion specifics back. Ex. Hard hitting or Coverage DB, Dual Threat QB or Pro-style quarterback, or running back or all-purpose back.

Improve the commentary, Revamp the Commentary. Just do something about it.
I mean, I'm glad you added in 10 lines of dialogue, but I'm still hearing quips from multiple years back when I play. I can spout them out faster than Lee and Brad can. That's frustrating. EA is focusing a lot of presentation. ESPN contracts, 360 graphics taking a front seat, Corporate sponsors in-game, and I think Commentary shouldn't be overlooked. If you want good presentation, sound is a big deal, and will certainly add to game intensity, which is NCAA's trademark. Remove overly specific backstory commentary lines. Maybe I'm just picky, but I hate hearing "Do you know this kid was all State in football, baseball, and basketball?" when I know it wasn't true. This works fine 5 years in when all the players aren't real, but before that, it is kind of obnoxious. There are other lines of this nature that rely on listener ignorance. There are plenty of lines that achieve the same effect that don't do this that they could use.

GET ALL D-1A STADIUMS INTO THE GAME...get it detailed to the very last bit

GET THE CORRECT ENTRANCES FOR ALL BCS CONFERENCE TEAMS...WVU uses a blow-up helmet with smoke coming out of it...I believe Miami(FL) does something like this too...South Carolina has one of the best intros in college football, Virginia Tech comes out to "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, It wouldn't be that hard to get all the BCS conference team's correct entrances Michigan running out hitting the go blue banner

INCLUDE STUDENT SECTIONS IN THE GAME...WVU's upper deck at Mountaineer Field is the student section called the Mountaineer Maniacs and Ohio State has BLOCK O behind the endzones at the Horseshoe, Penn State students wear all-white at it's game...on TV you can definately see the difference in where the student sections are located because that entire section will be only one color and the rest of the stadium will be spotty with multiple colors...this is a simple change that can easily be included in the next version...also, after a win, let the team celebrate with the singing of John Denver's "Country Roads" at WVU which they sing after every home football victory and at Ohio State I think they sing "Carmen Ohio" maybe? Anyways, this happens a lot of major atmospheres in college football and it's not a hard concept to add to the game.

And if you guys can think of anything else keep posting.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #71
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Don't know if this had been mentioned but, get pride stickers right. There is no reason for players with 35+ passing Td's to have 7 pride stickers on their helmets. I'm sure I'll think of more but that one really bugs me for some reason.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #72
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Manual Transfers (aka Roster Editing) - I know that "technically" these aren't real NCAA players (wink wink nudge nudge), but theoretically... I would like to be able to move a player from one team to another.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »