Home

Low scoring games?

This is a discussion on Low scoring games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Low scoring games?

I agree. While I have had a 13-10 game and quite a few in the 15-20 point range, it seems like the 4th quarters step up the scoring in a lot of my games. Usually I give up points in the 1st, settle down in the 2nd, play my best in the 3rd, and give up more points in the 4th.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play on heisman with jacked up sliders. The reality is that you can set up and expose the cpu with the human offense (not money plays, but through motion, etc). My scores were so high that I limited quarters to 6 minutes. I still get quite a few offensive plays, but its the only way to keep scores and yardage to a realistic level. My scores now are in high 20-30s playing against quality teams. I still score 45+ against weak teams. turnovers now play a bigger part in the scores going high. The problem with the game is the cpu doesnt play a bend but dont break defense. The cpu should get tougher in the redzone and create a greater need for field goals. But human seems to continuously score touchdowns instead.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

never....
if a game is low scoring than that just means there will be an explosion of points in the last quarter...
in a mismatch i can score anywhere from 50-90pts...
in a "good" evenly matched game the score will be from 40-50pts...

im using jistics sliders playing on heisman...
i even adjusted them a little to make the cpu running game better because good backs couldnt do anything at first....

i am waiting for the day, i only score 20...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

just last night I was playing Clemson vs BC, I was up 7-6 going in to the 4th, the final score was 31-28, it just seems all the big plays happen in the last quarter. Punts for td's, 70+ yard runs. The long bomb becomes almost automatic in the fourth. It's too bad, the game is awesome until the fourth quarter.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm playing with Jsitc's on AA with 5 minute qtrs on 360.

It seems like all my games are pretty low scoring, esp I'm using USC. i beat NEB 28-14, lost to arz 20-14 beat wash st 14-7.

i'm having trouble generating offense and a bunch of my scores have been defensive (fumble/int return) anyone else see a lot of Defensive scores. the computer has a bunch as well.

i think i need to jack the Human Offense sliders a little more in my favor since i'm probably not good enough for his sliders on AA
Old 10-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMF25
I'm playing with Jsitc's on AA with 5 minute qtrs on 360.

It seems like all my games are pretty low scoring, esp I'm using USC. i beat NEB 28-14, lost to arz 20-14 beat wash st 14-7.

i'm having trouble generating offense and a bunch of my scores have been defensive (fumble/int return) anyone else see a lot of Defensive scores. the computer has a bunch as well.

i think i need to jack the Human Offense sliders a little more in my favor since i'm probably not good enough for his sliders on AA

I see WAY too many defensive scores. I have been averaging at least 1 per game. I've been trying to just fall down at times when I intercept a pass, but then there are times when I find myself with an easy TD on a nice pick that I have to take in.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #15
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yep, this is EA Football. Sliders can help for the first 3 quarters, but it all goes out the window in the 4th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2006, 12:12 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Yep, this is EA Football. Sliders can help for the first 3 quarters, but it all goes out the window in the 4th.
tell me about it, I'm playing byu arizona game is arizona 10 to 7 end of 3rd quarter. game ends up 31 -10 at the end of the game arizona wins. part of it was I kept throwing picks with byu putting arizona in great field position

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »