Home

What games do you sim?

This is a discussion on What games do you sim? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What games do you sim?

I've been reading a lot of threads and I constantly see people in like season 2014. Do you guys actually play all the games or do you sim a majority of them. Just curious because I've only finished about three seasons and I usually play every game unless I have a 1-AA school on the schedule. I would like to speed up my seasons so what are you guys formula for which games you play and simulate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What games do you sim?

I'm in 2014. I started at the beginning of August and just play a couple games a night, no simming. I'm pretty addicted.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I sim cupcake games, and that goes both ways. NCAA 07 has an annoying tendency to allow me get upset too easily, if I lose momentum early, or allow me to upset a team I would never beat. So, if I'm a powerhouse playing a 1-AA, I sim. And vice versa. If the sim engine pulls an upset, then I live with it. (Unless I was the powerhouse. )
Old 10-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm in 2016. I simmed a few games the first two seasons, mainly because I was a D- and couldn't handle the 40-0 beatdowns I was receiving at the hands of all the MAC teams. However, since the start of season 3, I have played every single game, including the Spring Game.

I probably play 2 to 3 games a night, I'm addicted as well.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I play every single game. I was chugging along pretty nicely until Madden was released, then I kind of slowed down. I'm in year 7 of my dynasty right now, still trying to win that first National Title for the Tar Heels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm about halfway done with 2015. I play about 7-8 of the games per season. I'll usually play all of the games with top 25 teams and any other games which are interesting. Like away games where I've never played before or teams which I always struggle with no matter the ranking.

I like simming at least some games because of the increased injuries and it's harder to go undefeated (I only have 1 NC so far).

Last edited by mcpheje; 10-09-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm in 2011, played every game. Won a national title at UCLA, bounced over to Michigan, who is pretty talented. 6-0 with wins over former #1, #3, #5, and #9 (UCLA). The other three were PSU, Louisville, and Florida State (I only changed one game on the schedule - UCLA).

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #8
Rookie

NothingfaceZERO's Arena

OVR: 1

I sim 3 games a year. It usually depends on a teams record and ranking. SO I sim against a cupcake, middle of the road and powerhouse team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »