Home

How long to win first National Championship?

This is a discussion on How long to win first National Championship? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How long to win first National Championship
1st Year 30 23.44%
2nd Year 12 9.38%
3rd Year 15 11.72%
4+ years 13 10.16%
Haven't won one yet 58 45.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
How long to win first National Championship?

I personally think recruiting is harder this year (PS2). Combine that with realistic pancake stats that limit the ability to build a dominant OL quickly has made building a national champion much harder. Regardless of system, I would be interested in seeing how long it took for anybody to win their first National Championship and what team they did it with.

I started with Wake Forest in the ACC which was a B or B+ team and I haven't won it in four years. I'm 9-3 with my bowl game up next in year four. My team is getting better and I may actually challenge for the NC in year six but next year still seems too hard.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 10-17-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2006, 09:52 AM   #2
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How long to win first National Championship?

I won my first conference championship (360) with Marshall in 2014 after losing the previous two years. I don't think I will ever win a NC, especially if I leave C-USA.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I won it my second and third year, I'm in my fifth now trying to get it back.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i went undefeated my 1st year with clemson but only was ranked #3...
this year i came into the season as a number 2 because of my good recruiting class and i am on my way to the NC game.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I won it my second and third year, I'm in my fifth now trying to get it back.
Auburn is still an A+ team in my 4th year. The CPU scheduled them for my last game (at home) of the season this year. As a B+ team that improved to A- before the game, I was able to beat them 21-17 after picking off a pass in the last minute of the game at midfield. I played a great game but they never really ran the ball on me or tried to. Almost all of their runs came out of passing formations despite the fact it was easily the best OL I have faced all year and maybe in my entire dynasty. The QB, RB, TEs and WR were all top notch. They did lose two fumbles that hurt them but I was very happy with my defense. Their only weakness was the secondary and maybe the right side of the DL. I couldn't run the ball well but made enough plays against their secondary to win (along with having a +2 in turnovers).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

On Xbox I won it in my 3rd year with Penn State, then again in my 5th.

Derrick Williams and Deon Butler were amazing WR's as seniors. Williams got hurt for the season in Week 7 of his junior year so he didn't even attempt to go to the NFL early. He was a 99 overall and Butler was a 97. Pat Devlin was a 97 at that point too and had an amazing season.

I also had the #1 RB recruit in the nation who was a sophomore that year, he was a 89. Plus my D was sicko. I had a classic Championship Game against Florida, who was on paper a better team. I won 31-24 in a great game.

Two years later I won again by KO'ing Florida, this time in a blowout. After one more season at PSU I left for UConn, and my first year there PSU once again beat Florida in the Nat'l Title game. Funny stuff.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I play as Michigan and North Carolina on the xbox 360.

Michigan won it in the first year over Louisville. Going into conference championship week it was #1 Oklahoma (12-0), #2 Lousiville (12-0), #3 West Virginia (11-1), #4 Michigan (11-1). Missouri did me a huge favor by knocking off Oklahoma and the final polls (both Coach's and AP) were #1 Louisville, #2 West Virginia, #3 Michigan, but Michigan was #2 in the BCS (YES!) so we went to the BCS championship bowl. We won by 2 by scoring on a TD with 3 seconds left. In 2007, Michigan went to the Rose Bowl, but no NC. We're ranked #4 with 1 week left in 2008. I expect Michigan to challenge for the NC every year.

North Carolina has had winning seasons in 2006 and 2007 and went to bowls both years which is a huge accomplishment for them. They had to beat Duke in the their final game of 2008 to avoid finishing .500. I'm not sure if UNC will ever challenge for the NC with the way things are going. Michigan pretty much has their pick of the cream of the crop when recruiting (they very, very rarely have to sign a 2* and for 2008 had the #3 recruiting class) whereas UNC struggles pretty badly when it comes to recruiting.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #8
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Auburn is still an A+ team in my 4th year. The CPU scheduled them for my last game (at home) of the season this year. As a B+ team that improved to A- before the game, I was able to beat them 21-17 after picking off a pass in the last minute of the game at midfield. I played a great game but they never really ran the ball on me or tried to. Almost all of their runs came out of passing formations despite the fact it was easily the best OL I have faced all year and maybe in my entire dynasty. The QB, RB, TEs and WR were all top notch. They did lose two fumbles that hurt them but I was very happy with my defense. Their only weakness was the secondary and maybe the right side of the DL. I couldn't run the ball well but made enough plays against their secondary to win (along with having a +2 in turnovers).
4th year? Auburn probably had Ben Tate as a HB. He was a monster for me, but left after his junior year so he didn't make it to my 4th year. I think I had a lot of good WRs that year too. My QB wasn't that great, but that's just because all the default roster QBs on Auburn's team, other than Brandon Cox, are pretty bad so I recruited a new one. You probably played against Blake Field as a QB. He progressed pretty good in my dynasty, but I never used him because I went with a freshman after Brandon Cox graduated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »