Home

I really hate this game and I don't understand why

This is a discussion on I really hate this game and I don't understand why within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: I really hate this game and I don't understand why

I love this game. i wish it had more of the current gen in it though. Anyway. when it comes to sports games I just feel that when it comes to EA u are not gonna get SIM. So I just live with it and play the way its intended as a "Snap shot of NCAA Football", and when I realise and live with it not being comepletly sim its a fun game to play.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This year's 360 version is the bomb, I can't imagine hating it, I still play it constantly. Yeah it does need a bit more polish but overall it's a fantastic game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-31-2006, 08:48 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This year's 360 version is the bomb, I can't imagine hating it, I still play it constantly. Yeah it does need a bit more polish but overall it's a fantastic game.
I agree except you have to make major house rules to deal with some of the horrible AI. If someone would have done the playing (like I did) and then made some changes, I believe this game could be unbelievable. Unfortunately, it seems to me that EA runs up against the deadline every year and just does not have the time or resources to test these games and see the glaring problems that pop out at me within 1 week of gameplay.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:59 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I agree except you have to make major house rules to deal with some of the horrible AI. If someone would have done the playing (like I did) and then made some changes, I believe this game could be unbelievable. Unfortunately, it seems to me that EA runs up against the deadline every year and just does not have the time or resources to test these games and see the glaring problems that pop out at me within 1 week of gameplay.
EA's first efforts on a new console usually have some glaring problems. While it may be unacceptable to some, it certainly is predicatable. Its usually the 3rd version of the game on a new console where the game really peaks and is showered with praise. On the PS2, Madden 2003 was far better than 2001 and 2002 imo. Look how long NBA Live sucked on the PS2 after being great on the PS1. Madden on the 360 seems to be taking the same route (I don't have a 360 - just based on reading). It took a little bit to get MVP great until they lost the license as well. I'm sure next year's game will work a lot of the kinks out unless they devote a lot of the resources to the PS3 version.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:00 AM   #21
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm on current gen, and I'm Only playing this and Madden. Not bored yet.

Both are probably best in the series, with some slider tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2006, 04:37 PM   #22
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I play 360 version on Heisman level with my own sliders (posted in the sliders forum if you're interested) and haven't seen the need for house rules at all yet...
Old 10-31-2006, 06:56 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

No need for house rules.... are you serious? No way you can play with Michigan and Ohio state with the same set of sliders and run with both. The game is flat out broken with the option play and the only way to fix the option is to make running so hard that teams with slow QBs wouldn't be able to run between the tackles. This is just one of the problems with this game.

There are also plays that with motion can be run over and over and you will never have the need for a punter on heisman level. The AI just doesn't work well vs. motion in certain formations. Hell, sometimes they just flat out ignore the guy if it is a blitz which is a joke.

Fast QBs kill this game IMO.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:39 AM   #24
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

I love this game and play it daily!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »